Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

Red Carpet Event 2-nite

Drove by on Adelaide tonight and the sales centre was having an opening night event of some type, valet service etc. Lots of red carpet.

Tonight was the Inner Circle Preview.

We were wined and dined and the sales force pitched woo our way.

Montana Steele Advertising put together a whizbang animated flyby of the building which you can watch on a flat screen tv in the sales centre. Should be on the website soon I would imagine.

There are 22 suite layouts, ranging from a 487 sq ft studio at $283,900, to a 2,765 sq ft penthouse at $2,271,900.

Suites have 9 foot ceilings from floor 11 to 40. 10 feet floors 41-44. 11 feet floors 45 and 46.

The condo starts on floor 10, which is actually the 6th level. The podium containing the Bell Festival Centre has 3 public levels topped by 2 levels of TIFFG offices.

What else would you like to know?

It is my understanding that 75% of the 469 units have sold at an average of $700psf. The remaining units will go on sale to the public this fall (likely at a higher price). Public opening will be during the film festival this September. A light feature is planned at the top of the tower to serve as a beacon - I'm guessing something somewhat similar to the light feature on the Met, but I could be wrong.

The light fixture on this one though may be able to depict images. Well, that's the rumour i heard...

The CN Tower LED's can display images... the problem is that the "canvass" only spans the length/width of the elevator shaft... so the image depicted within the elevator shaft basically pans across whatever it's displaying. The further away you are from the tower, the better you can see the images displayed. They were broadcasting various country flags and other things during their testing period.

^ A nerdy thing to do is to set a long exposure (say, 10 seconds or so) on your camera, and pan so that the CN Tower moves from one end of the frame to the other during the exposure. This "paints" whatever they are animating onto your photo. During testing, they had flags like you say, and were also scrolling words. I have a photo produced in the way I described above which read "HELLO".

^ A nerdy thing to do is to set a long exposure (say, 10 seconds or so) on your camera, and pan so that the CN Tower moves from one end of the frame to the other during the exposure. This "paints" whatever they are animating onto your photo. During testing, they had flags like you say, and were also scrolling words. I have a photo produced in the way I described above which read "HELLO".

That is really coool! I wish I could give it a try, but I dont have a tripod. If you're able to, please post the pic. I'd love to see what it looks like.

New renderings

rendering06.jpg

rendering01.jpg

Lobby, View Looking East

rendering02.jpg

Lobby, Red Carpet Event

rendering03.jpg

Lobby, Looking West

rendering04.jpg

Festival Tower Entrance

rendering05.jpg

rendering07.jpg

As is now delightfully de rigueur, apparently, ample rendertail to be scoped above.

Dig the severe pantyline on Lil' Miss Blue-Purse in "Lobby, Looking West".

The building looks OK, too.

Huge thumbs up, the base rendering is sensational. The condo tower is a little underwhelming but I don't dislike it. It's what happens at street level and inside the Festival Centre here which really matters. Can't wait to see more renderings of the Festival Centre itself.

Back