Toronto Fashion District Lofts | ?m | 10s | Freed | Core Architects

I guess the bedroom window allows you to see outside when you are laying on the bed?

Either way, it seems reasonably cool and functional. :)

The intended benefit of those windows is for natural light to enter the room. Not sure why it couldn't be floor to ceiling. Maybe this room is close to the property line (property line windows usually seem to be small).

It appears windows weren't originally planned for that part of the building (based on the original rendering).

Might be a design issue, but I thought it had more to do with the rules regarding exterior walls built on a property line.

455AdelaideStWRendering.jpg

Yeah, that's what I mean. There are rules regarding property line walls, but it also makes plain sense not to cover those walls in floor-to-ceiling windows only to be a few feet away from a wall in the future.

Anyway, it's a nice touch of Bauhaus, as Yossi said.

Eww! That's a very vulgar/conservative penthouse unit. Eg: beige/brown in the bathroom that looks like vomit, a single sink in the kitchen (what is up with that?), a tacky fireplace by the cold window--defeats its purpose, the hideous-colour flooring, the cheap toilet and bathtub, etc. Not my idea of a funky loft at all.

That's why its still available on the MLS for $2.5M.

I wish these Toronto design firms would do a little more research in designing these lofts. I've yet to see a proper modern loft with:
  1. no baseboards aka floating walls
  2. fridge door matching cabinetry - I don't want to see my fridge in an open-concept loft
  3. upgraded closet doors instead of the ubiquitous white particle board
  4. kitchen islands with cooktops with overhanging vents

For $2.5M, you'd think I'd get this in a "modern loft."

I figure if you can afford a $2.5 million loft, you can afford to renovate a majority of the features anyway. Not everyone has the same design taste; in fact I think they'd do better selling the units as blank slates.

It appears windows weren't originally planned for that part of the building (based on the original rendering).
I know this is an old post, but it's interesting to note that 75 Portland also has some windows (thin rectangular ones along the north property line wall) that were not in the original rendering. The rendered building was fairly detailed otherwise.

If you visit the site in person, you can compare the actual building to the renders on the scaffolding.

Last edited:
Toronto Star's Hume says "B"

http://www.thestar.com/article/703500

See above for the Star's review of 10 Morrison. Hume seems to ignore the fact that many of the brick buildings adjacent to 10 Morrison are likely to be razed over the coming years and end up sporting structures similar in scale and style to the newer buildings in King West. Do you design a building to fit in with the neighbourhood that existed 30 years ago or what will exist over the coming 30 years? Seems an easy choice to me.

As an aside, the article refers to 10 Morrison being eight stories. I'm sure the ultimate buyer of the $2.5mm unit on the 10th floor will be interested to know the unit doesn't exist. ;)

I'm interested in moving into this building and have seen a few units already. Would love to hear from current owners about their exp living there. How's the property management, board, workmanship of the units, etc?

Last edited:
I'm interested in moving into this building and have seen a few units already. Would love to hear from current owners about their exp living there. How's the property management, board, workmanship of the units, etc?

Can't speak to the board but the interiors are beautiful....lobby/hallways are nice too. Seem to be a lot of young professionals in there. I've only seen one person over 40 there. I'm sure there are more.

At least the "03" models were staged much nicer than the penthouse.

The penthouse, with its cheap and dated finishes (particularly the home depot slate and travertine bathrooms), is made worse by the questionable pieces of furniture which seemed to be salvaged from someone's basement.
What is with those lanterns on the floor and those huge-ass chrome light fixtures on the ceiling?
The master bedroom looks uncomfortably narrow.

I like to see another angle of the exterior.

Last edited:

Back