Toronto Evolution Condos | ?m | 14s | Averton | Arsenault

Aug 27
Lets dig a hole to show we are doing something and then set back to see what happens to the buyers.
6088080698_478d493ce0_b.jpg

6087535211_6199e0b08f_b.jpg

6088082658_821839f05e_b.jpg

6088082142_17bdd71c8b_b.jpg

Any update on this project? Do we know what the engineering problem is?

It seems like this site is doomed especially after the last developer went bankrupt. I can't recall the name of the previous developer but I do remember they had an interesting angled design at the west side of the property.

I dont remember who the previous builder was, however, I do recall that they did go bankrupt. Then came along Beaverbrook...

To my knowledge, the building is not close to 80% sold. As for the engineering problem, its a curious thought. I wonder if they too, will back out before the end of next year.

I do know that some of the previous buyers from the previous builder were given an opp to purchase from Beaverbrook when they went bankrupt. Although I suspect that many of those buyers lost confidence and backed out.

I am losing a bit of patience with the development. To be honest, I'd be happy if they builder went bankrupt because as of now, I too, have lost confidence.

Sorry for my rant!

On another note, does anyone have any other news? I recently just saw a photo of the site (Dec.2) and it doesn't appear that there was much movement from the previous photo take in October.

EVO

Agreed. Its pretty brutal.

Just out of curiosity, do you live in the area? I was wondering if you'd be able to share your thoughts on the development in the area (i.e. shops, eateries, etc.)

Just out of curiosity, do you live in the area? I was wondering if you'd be able to share your thoughts on the development in the area (i.e. shops, eateries, etc.)

If you stroll along Dundas from Islington to Kipling, there a a fair number of places to eat and shop, depending on your taste. I have never eaten there and cannot tell you what good or bad. There a Fish & Chip place across the street, a pub on the north side, 2 block east of this site.

The section between Islington and a block west of Burnhamthorpe is a strong area. Its like a small village since it was at one time.

Traffic can be very heavy at times on Dundas.

You will find a lot of real nice wall murals that have been done this years as well in the past. Have a few photos of the past ones, but not this year since never had the time to shoot them.

Most of the retail in the apartments building build the last few years are still empty.

Find a day and park the car at one end of this area and take that stroll to get a feel for the area before you move in, if this sucker every gets built.

Waste of my time dropping off there these days to get photos to the point I took none on my last trip in Nov, as it was the same as my Sept & Oct visited.

Any real work is being done by the spoon full.

Have we got a another 10 Dundas or Hakim Optical in the making and feel sorry for the buyers?

Well, I don't live in the area but I'm pretty familiar with it. There's really a lot to do there. There's Bloor street East of Islington which has a lot of shops and restaurants. There's Apache Burger (great burgers) right by Kipling station. Cloverdale mall is a bit of a walk but there's decent shopping there. I think you'll be happy with your purchase. Not only do I like the design of the building, but I like the area. I'm not too fond of the Pemberton buildings to the East, but what can ya do?

Further to the east, at the SE corner of Burnhamthorpe and Dundas is a great restaurant called Trattoria. Great food and good service. I have also tried the new pub, St. James Gate, but they had just opened and were probably (I hope!) working through some startup issues.

I don't live in the area now but did take Grade 11 Geography class where evolution is being built. The property has obviously changed dramatically from when it used to be a school as late as the 1990s.

I'm sorry to hear this project is having so much difficulty reaching completion.

This is one of the MOST slowest project I ever seen. What they opened sales office in early 2009, and it is 2011? Where is the building already? If Beaverbrook homes are having financing difficulties, will they be able to construct a building? That is a question... if they pack and go, it is gonna stay in dark for another years until other takes over and start over, even with designs. Same issue from 1 Bloor Street when Bazis first owned then gave up and sold to Great Gulf. What is the latest occupancy for this building, anyone?

It could be worse - they could be two or three stories up with a concrete shell and then go bankrupt. At least there is a hole that could be filled in.

I remember growing up there used to be a white elephant visible from the DVP. I think they had three or four stories of an apartment or office buildingand it stood unfinished for a decade or two before being demolished. Do any UT veterans have any info on that projecet? I'd be curious to read about it and see some photos.

You are talking about the Bayview Ghost, which was never completed, but not because of a bankruptcy on the part of the owners; it had permit issues.

A short wikipedia page exists for the Bayview Ghost: check it out!

Back