Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

What are u talking about?? Yonge and Eligible??? Hello!! Lots of cash plus nice res areas. Its not the same king of hip as say queen west or kensington, but its definitly an "it" place in Toronto. Granted your discription is of recent times, yonge and eg was "hip" before it became very yuppie in my opinion...

YOnge and eg compared to Cityplace!! oh man, thats a stretch. Nope not similar at all. One has very good retail options. The other has none.

Last edited:
Remember: re Young & Eligible mythology, we're talking 70s/80s here. Looking For Mr. Goodbar stuff, you know--"pre-cougar bars", one might call them. (Right now, the most poetic vestige of that spirit might be Lavalife settling into 2200 Yonge.)

Remember: re Young & Eligible mythology, we're talking 70s/80s here. Looking For Mr. Goodbar stuff, you know--"pre-cougar bars", one might call them. (Right now, the most poetic vestige of that spirit might be Lavalife settling into 2200 Yonge.)

Actually Lavalife left recently ... not sure where but all their offices are for sub lease ...

Even in the 90s there was Berlin Nightclub that I use to go to trying to pick up some chicks.

Anyways, I was in North York Centre today, that place is so busy. I cant believe it, more busy than Yonge and Eglinton. With all these new condos, retail, and expanded underground connections, I can see how very busy this place will be. I cant even get a seat at the Wendys, Starbux, or Second Cup. The skatingring is packed.. and the elevators and escaltors are also rammed. Its only gonna get more crazy in time.

Last edited:
What's really missing from the area is a critical mass of good restaurants (like you see running north from Yonge & Eg). Hopefully the extra density from Hullmark, Emerald Park & Gibson will entice some of the stronger restaurant entrepreneurs to move into the area. Once you get a few brave souls to invest, the rest will follow.

This area offers more than just condo dweillers looking for a meal, it also has a lot of disposable income with all the nearby McMansions that have gone up and continue to go up.

From today
20110306070.jpg

20110306071.jpg

20110306072.jpg

Last edited:
Renderings with a reduced floor count were never created.

Ignore my previous post.

EmeraldPkReduced.jpg

Back