Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

There was a contractor onsite Thursday, clearing snow from the lot.

On Friday they moved a mobile construction trailer onto the site from the Poyntz Avenue southwest entrance (with some difficultly). It has now been located on the north side of the site.

It appears that indeed work will be beginning soon.

It's still hurry up and wait--for most of the last week or so there has been a pickup truck and maybe an SUV pulled up to the trailer.

It appears that they are fitting it out, but they have not been clearing the snow from the lot, so do not expect any major activity yet.

Perhaps, as pointed out in an earlier post, they may be waiting on some further approvals.

New activity this afternoon; there was a contractor beginning to take down the trees; three or four were down by the end of the day.

Two pictures below.

Attachments

• Emrld Prk_cns trailer-27-01-2010.jpg
    Emrld Prk_cns trailer-27-01-2010.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 264
  • Emrld Prk_trees down-27-01-2011.jpg
    Emrld Prk_trees down-27-01-2011.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 255
It is normal when you only have three or four people doing the work with one chainsaw.

A full size tree can take a full day to take down with three men. Today they brought in a chipper and ground up the ones that were taken down yesterday. There still are three or four large trees and quite a few scrubby smaller ones (those should take little time at all).

With a small crew like this it will probably take a few days next week--then there is the matter of the house that is still on the site, as was pointed out earlier in this thread.

All trees taken down over the past weekend; the small house on the property should be next--depending the delaying effects of the upcoming storm.

I can't wait for these developments on Yonge Street in North York. As well as Gibson Square, and Hullmark. Any additional space is need, as this place is becoming so crowded, with people. And infact, I am planning on moving out here shortly as a good go between, from the suburbs and the downtown.

This place, will certainly be the new hip spot in the city, in a few years, the way Yonge and Eglinton was for so long. (just don't try taking the subway from here at rush hour)

I can't wait for these developments on Yonge Street in North York. As well as Gibson Square, and Hullmark. Any additional space is need, as this place is becoming so crowded, with people. And infact, I am planning on moving out here shortly as a good go between, from the suburbs and the downtown.

This place, will certainly be the new hip spot in the city, in a few years, the way Yonge and Eglinton was for so long. (just don't try taking the subway from here at rush hour)

When was Yonge and Eglinton ever hip? The only people I know who've ever lived there were out of towners using the neighborhood as a point of first entry.

When was Yonge and Eglinton ever hip? The only people I know who've ever lived there were out of towners using the neighborhood as a point of first entry.

To me the place seems to be home to alot of young people, with some good eductation. There is enough to keep you occupied, and of course easy access to Transit. For a place to live it had to be, considering the 55 storey tower that went up there. And more to come, forsure.

As for North York Centre, I'm sure we'll be seeing a similar track with the developments happening here.

Well you don't know me but I live there and I've been in Canada for 15+ years :)

Not sure what hip means but I love it - it's a great place to live. But from what I know of 'hip' i.e. what people consider that to mean, which I don't know much to be honest :) - I wouldn't call it hip at all. It's true a lot of 25-30 somethings rent there, but there are quite a bit of families as well (younger and older).

I doubt NYCC or Eglinton will really be hip in the sense I think you're alluding too - but it's a great place to live if you're not so car dependent.

Well you don't know me but I live there and I've been in Canada for 15+ years :)

Not sure what hip means but I love it - it's a great place to live. But from what I know of 'hip' i.e. what people consider that to mean, which I don't know much to be honest :) - I wouldn't call it hip at all. It's true a lot of 25-30 somethings rent there, but there are quite a bit of families as well (younger and older).

I didn't mean to imply that Yonge-Eg is a point of first entry for foreigners and immigrants, but rather for young professional types who come from outside the city (be it the GTA, Ontario or the rest of Canada) and aren't familiar enough with city to make an educated decision as to what neighbourhood really suits their personality or lifestyle. Yonge-Eg ends up being a catch-all because it's on the subway line, has good basic amenities, and effectively acts as a satellite downtown core. For example, a lot of the people that I met in law school in Halifax, who ended up moving to Toronto after graduation, chose Yonge-Eg as their point of first entry. These were people from other provinces and small towns in Ontario who were just trying to get their feet on the ground in the "big city." They didn't know Toronto particularly well, so they based their decisions on numbers and boilerplate checklists. Only after having lived in the city for a year or so have they started to turn their minds to places like the Annex or King West... places where more "seasoned" Torontonians live.

So yes, the area is full of young professional types, but it's hardly "hip." Those people moved there in the first place precisely because they didn't know where the hip parts of Toronto were. In that way, Yonge-Eg kind of reminds me of CityPlace.

Last edited:

Back