Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I believe I saw a deep foundations rig on site today, but my eyes were on the road, so if someone can confirm that would be awesome. Anyways, looks like the dig is beginning.

Yes, you are right--the rig is there. The last remaining house was demolished last week and both drilling and excavation is taking place!

EmeraldParkGB032911-8.jpg

Site Signage[/QUOTE]

I s this new signage? It is still showing the taller of the two towers at 50+ stories

Apparently ive asked that question before and was told that was the original rendering..we will see a more politically correct -conservative whatever you want to call it version for that neighbourhood..lol lol :eek::mad:

Well, the least we will see is a shorter version, and time will tell how accurate the rendering is in terms of the cladding of the exterior. New renderings have not been made as they are expensive - it's as plain and simple as that - and the always come with the qualifier 'artists impression'!

To follow up on the status of the work; several pieces of equipment have been brought on site this week including the deep foundateions machine to drill for the piles needed for the shoring (as noticed by McKarisma and confrimed by vz64 on the 18th).

There is also a growing "pile" of piles for the shoring. Excavation has started in several parts of the site, but the work remains preliminary for now.

Actually, there are two deep drilling rigs on the site; looks like they are in the "stand by" mode and some serious work should start any moment now:

ep1a.jpg

ep2so.jpg

And when you are in one of the surrounding buildings, they will be towering over you...both sites are in wait mode this week because of all of the rain. Only minimal work is possible apparently.

Hullmark is developing some mini pools with the wateraccumulating in some of the low spots; no pic available to show this.

I got a unit in this thing... 2beds + den, Phase 1 tower.

Per my contract, the building will have 42 floors (including the podium), minus 13th, which makes it 41. The condo starts on floor number 4, which includes all the game rooms, guest suits, pool, and a roof top guarden. Residential suites begin on the 5th. This project is interesting as most new condo developments also skip floor numbers 4, 14, 24, 34, PH4 to appease the Chinese community.

Also, did someone say that the building exteriors will change? You mean the building that I've signed my name on will not actually be the building that I move into?

Questions on construction. The equippment has been on site for the longest time and I don't see any movement when i drive by. What's going on?

oh and move in start date Nov 2013, to my brainmatter, I'll read that to be late April 2014.

Last edited:
May 08
Having that view will allow you to follow this thing from botton to top more clearly than us on the ground.
5702454823_497beeb3f5_b.jpg

5703021588_6d7f2abd0f_b.jpg

love the photos.

but i wonder what they're waiting on... because the weather is beautiful... maybe that's the reason? workers went to the beach?

I can verify that they were working today. That boring machine was drilling holes all day.

Does anyone know if they leave those long steel beams in the ground or take them out when they're done.

Back