News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 966     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Toronto election sign wars

I'm hearing that Chow has very little signage in North York, Scarborough and Etobicoke.
Honest to god - I have yet to actually see a Ford sign. I've heard stories about one or two in the neighbourhood, but I haven't actually seen one (and there were some in 2010. And I walked half-way across the ward on Sunday back from the polling station - saw some signs for candidates I've never heard of! Though I haven't left the old city since the signs started going up. I did follow a car off the Gardiner the other day with a Ford bumper sticker ...

Based on what I've seen, the 13% for Doug Ford that Forum shows for the old city of Toronto is overstated!

I'm hearing that Chow has very little signage in North York, Scarborough and Etobicoke.

I've seen five or six Chow signs here in Etobicoke ward 5, more than Smitherman and Panatalone had last election combined. I've seen about 15 Ford signs mostly in the southern part of the ward nearer the Queensway, and 40 or so Tory signs.

Honest to god - I have yet to actually see a Ford sign. I've heard stories about one or two in the neighbourhood, but I haven't actually seen one (and there were some in 2010. And I walked half-way across the ward on Sunday back from the polling station - saw some signs for candidates I've never heard of! Though I haven't left the old city since the signs started going up. I did follow a car off the Gardiner the other day with a Ford bumper sticker ...

Based on what I've seen, the 13% for Doug Ford that Forum shows for the old city of Toronto is overstated!

What area are you in, and how's the Tory/Chow distribution there?

What area are you in, and how's the Tory/Chow distribution there?
Ward 32. Chow seems to have the edge in signage. Though hard to tell, as it clusters. And if we were going by signage, then Bussin would beat McMahon - and I don't think that will be close (I think Bussin has a lot of old signs and a long list of people who had them before).

I was in the York Mills & Don Valley Pkwy neighbourhood today. There are tons of Denzil Minnan-Wong signs, with the slogan "keeping taxes low" (which is all he cares about, along with promoting the car agenda). Also saw lots of Ford camping signs. There was one house that had at least 10 of them, on windows, balconies and all. What a blight.

There's a Ford sign on the garage down Atlantic Avenue, south of Liberty Street.

I was shocked to see one in Liberty. hahaaaa....building's for sale or lease so I guess yon Fordites aren't sticking around.

Also saw lots of Ford camping signs. There was one house that had at least 10 of them, on windows, balconies and all. What a blight.

I find that a fair number of places with Ford signs (esp. the few-and-far-between cases downtown) display their allegiances with overkill: front window pamphlets, etc..

I've seen five or six Chow signs here in Etobicoke ward 5, more than Smitherman and Panatalone had last election combined. I've seen about 15 Ford signs mostly in the southern part of the ward nearer the Queensway, and 40 or so Tory signs.

The most Ford signs I've seen are facing the subway tracks from the former Westwood Theatre property (city-owned land now, I believe).

So is it only me that notice that the houses that have a Ford sign (in non-Ford nation territory) are normally the most unkempt and decrepit house on the block.

So is it only me that notice that the houses that have a Ford sign (in non-Ford nation territory) are normally the most unkempt and decrepit house on the block.
I've now seen one Ford sign. It's on a rental property, that keeps flipping. Not sure what that means. Recent poorly constructed infill housing. Obviously a small sample size. No one ever cuts the grass ...

^Sounds about right.

++++++++++

As far as I could tell today, Forest Hill is 100% Tory. All those surprised, raise your hands. ;)

I also saw my first Goldkind sign: Marlborough which is between Yonge and Avenue, just south of the train tracks at Summerhill. Ward 27.

^Sounds about right.

++++++++++

As far as I could tell today, Forest Hill is 100% Tory. All those surprised, raise your hands. ;)

I also saw my first Goldkind sign: Marlborough which is between Yonge and Avenue, just south of the train tracks at Summerhill. Ward 27.

I saw a FordMayor sign on Elm Ridge Drive, west of Bathurst (N of Eglinton). Shocked me; I wanted to get out of my car, knock on his door and just scream "really?? really??"

A "FordMayor" sign bonfire after the 27th would be cathartic. :p

Back