Toronto Eight Cumberland | 170m | 51s | Great Gulf | a—A

The design has morphed again, and we're getting this "worm's eye view" as a tease first off:

8CumbWormsEye1280.jpg

I wonder what that material is that's been chosen for the parapet panels under the bands of windows. It looks somewhat textured…

Attachments

• 8CumbWormsEye1280.jpg
    8CumbWormsEye1280.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 6,916
The design has morphed again, and we're getting this "worm's eye view" as a tease first off:
We just got a note saying that the rendering above is no longer the final version. We will be sure to share the final version once it is sent our way!

Getting a modern take on the Aon-Center vibe with those white vertical mullions on that southern exposure.

Side note: one of the sharpest looking renders I have ever seen.

Yeah, agreed with the above, and I'm also interested to see what the treatment is on the panels 42 mentioned—looks vaguely like the new Casa (can't remember which Casa; too many Casas) balconies, perhaps.

Yeah, agreed with the above, and I'm also interested to see what the treatment is on the panels 42 mentioned—looks vaguely like the new Casa (can't remember which Casa; too many Casas) balconies, perhaps.

Casa 2 for now and probably Casa 3 since they are linked.

I wonder what that material is that's been chosen for the parapet panels under the bands of windows. It looks somewhat textured…

I don't think those are parapet panels, they seem to be a metal perforated screen that forms the guardrail for the Juliet balconies with a shelf like top rail. They extend well beyond the sliding doors similar to Ice.

The dataBase file linked at the top of the page has been updated with new renderings, including close-ups of this one:

8CumbAerDusk1280.jpg

Attachments

• 8CumbAerDusk1280.jpg
    8CumbAerDusk1280.jpg
    921.6 KB · Views: 1,609
Interesting how the Four Seasons in the background of that rendering has been altered to have a stepped crown, especially considering it was another aA design.

I don't like those little balconies on the west side. If aA is still the architect then I expect the final product to look much better than this render, so I'm not too worried.

Back