Toronto Eight Cumberland | 170m | 51s | Great Gulf | a—A

Me too.... it would be great if they could bring over the HP team from 1 Bloor East, and do a complete redesign....

This report recommends that City Council state its intention to designate the properties at 826-834 Yonge Street (including 2 Cumberland Street) under Part IV, Section 29 of the Ontario Heritage Act. Located on the west side of Yonge Street, north of Cumberland Street, the sites contain a group of late 19th century commercial buildings that were listed on the City of Toronto Inventory of Heritage Properties (now known as the Heritage Register) in 1974.

Sounds like that's a done deal now. Kristyn Wong-Tam tweeted this afternoon: "Toronto Preservation Board approved designation of 6 new properties on Yonge St. Entire block from Yorkville to Cumberland is now protected."

Sounds like that's a done deal now. Kristyn Wong-Tam tweeted this afternoon: "Toronto Preservation Board approved designation of 6 new properties on Yonge St. Entire block from Yorkville to Cumberland is now protected."

I hope that includes the Thomas Hinds building.

It was revealed in this thread on November 15th that this is a joint venture with Great Gulf now, and the new design was revealed on December 23. It will evolve some more, but you're all kidding yourselves if you think there's going to be a massive change to the new design. As has already been stated (please read the thread), this building is not going after the top end of the market where we have a lot of unsold stock. This building is heading for the middle ground price-wise where units sell.

It was revealed in this thread on November 15th that this is a joint venture with Great Gulf now, and the new design was revealed on December 23. It will evolve some more, but you're all kidding yourselves if you think there's going to be a massive change to the new design. As has already been stated (please read the thread), this building is not going after the top end of the market where we have a lot of unsold stock. This building is heading for the middle ground price-wise where units sell.

Thanks for the info, interchange42.
I am guilty of often needing previously recorded facts and developments restated. I'm sorry, but nobody has time to read entire threads through again. It isn't so bad to give people a precis of relevant facts every few pages, is it?

Got an email on this today.... "coming soon".... they are now saying it will be -54- storeys... no updated render yet, but here's the logo....

26304167110_22afe61571_z.jpg

Back