Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

Would this not be the start of construction for an on-site sales centre for the upcoming public launch? Looks like a driveway going in, too.

I don't know, it seems doubtful to me because it has apparently already sold close to the percentage needed to start construction...

This project will be one of the tallest buildings outside a major city core. I think there's one taller in Texas somewhere, but in Canada this is def the tallest tower outside a city core.

What about that large office tower for Goldman Sachs (I thinks its for them anyway) in Jersey City? That one is pretty tall.

My feeling is that they would not start construction until phase 2 has launched and has sold 70% of the units...and then complete the entire foundation for both structures; just like at Westlake's three buildings across the street.

I will need to make the trek to the sales centre when it "officially" opens, if it ever does :p. I like the idea of living on floor 50 or higher and having use of that Sky Lounge. Now that's very VIP!

I wouldn't call jersey city outside of the core, it is jersey cities downtown in its own right.
Yeah I thought about that, but then I kind of thought its also more simply an extention of downtown Manhatten in another way, with the PATH going through there etc. But yes I suppose if the hudson wasn't there it would end up just being part of dntwn Manhatten anyway, so you're likely right.

Who thinks it's just a sales centre being built right now?

April 4

IMG_5281_zps73b90a3c.jpg

I don't think so...this is directly south of the gas station and on the curve of Marine Parade Dr, which I believe is going to be open space/park. The staff at the sales centre (currently located at Beyond the Sea) claims to be moving here in a new sales centre to be built...so I don't think construction is starting on the actual buildings. Yet.

Are we sure this digging isn't for Jade Condos, which is the adjacent site?

Shoring underway for the section behind the Esso station only.

I don't think so...this is directly south of the gas station and on the curve of Marine Parade Dr, which I believe is going to be open space/park. The staff at the sales centre (currently located at Beyond the Sea) claims to be moving here in a new sales centre to be built...so I don't think construction is starting on the actual buildings. Yet.

You are correct. Temporary on-site sales office for Eau Du Soleil is to be setup within 4 - 6 weeks.
Eau Du Soleil 2 or tower 2 will release floorplans and hopefully pricing by end of May to select brokerages. Sales start June or July.

Just received an update from the developers:

Preliminary floor plans for Phase II have been released to a select group of people, the current sales centre is now closed (as of June 21) and is open on an appointment-only basis. Pre-sales (invitation only) for Phase II start in mid-July!

It always surprises me when a Sales Centre requires a shoring rig, ... How deep down do you need to go do support a trailer on bricks? lol!

To be honest, I did see them using a shoring rig before the Noir Condo Sales Office went up..

DSC04662_zps280ba7d0.jpg

From Dwils at SSP
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=188618&page=3

It always surprises me when a Sales Centre requires a shoring rig, ... How deep down do you need to go do support a trailer on bricks? lol!
To be honest, I did see them using a shoring rig before the Noir Condo Sales Office went up.. .

At Noir, the shoring machine was used to drill the holes for the sonotubes used as foundation for the sales suite. I guess when the tool that is within easiest reach is a big hammer, a big hammer is what is used, whether one that big is what is needed, or not....

Back