Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

So when do we think the sky tower will officially be under construction? I am very excited to see this one go up. To see such a tall tower outside the core will be amazing. This project will be taller than any building in Montreal, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Mississauga. The fact they are building it here means it will stand out like a sore thumb. Incredible views are in store for anyone who bought here.

it will be taller than any building in any city in canada except for Toronto and Calgary.

And it seems that Interchange is suggesting that it is now under construction.. It has sold well enough to build, but it still seems early. Especially considering that the shorter tower launched only a couple of weeks ago. (I think)

DRP isn't binding.

Yes, it will inform the staff recommendation but is not binding. I don't think we know the staff or Council position at this point, but if anyone has more current info please post... They need an official plan amendment and rezoning through the OMB process and then site plan approvals before getting a building permit. It is always possible that there could be many stories knocked off, density reduced etc. Some of the potential issues were raised in the preliminary report. http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2012/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-44816.pdf

It's not for the sales centre.

Here's the sales centre at the other end of the site:

P1340788.jpg

The second tower is called Water Tower, and you can register at http://empirewatertower.com if you care to. Sales have not started quite yet.

I'm not sure what the shoring rig (in post #373) is doing exactly: I did not have time to make a couple of phone calls in that regard today. When I was by the site to take the photo above, it looked like the rig was working on the eastern side of the site up by Lake Shore. (The sales tent is down on Marine Parade.)

Attachments

• P1340788.jpg
    P1340788.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 553
Last edited by a moderator:
Approvals are still pending, no official construction yet, and as noted above there is a park component to the project which should be a positive asset to the new community. Another interesting component to the project will be the blue night time LED lighting that will make for a very unique (well unique for Toronto) visual impression.

photo was by krzlou,

That photo is not by krzlou, it was shot by me and the site was outlined in red by i42. I would like to know where you found that image.

I42 added the source. You can see his note in the edit re line.

The source link wasn't working before. And upon closer inspection, the photo isn't even mine - I somehow confused it for one of my shots taken from the same day and same location. My apologies to the original poster. A lot of people were in that unit that day, so I should have taken a closer look before flipping out...

Back