News   Apr 15, 2024
 933     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 646     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Sweet Jesus is boarded up and Urban Planet is taking over the Forever 21 space.

Ugh, Urban Planet. Well, that's a disappointment. I thought it was gone for good from TEC, but it keeps coming back like a cockroach. Hopefully it's only temporary and they find a better tenant (or tenants) for that massive space.

As for Sweet Jesus, I never knew ye. I always though the juice place next door would be the first to go.

Ugh, Urban Planet. Well, that's a disappointment. I thought it was gone for good from TEC, but it keeps coming back like a cockroach. Hopefully it's only temporary and they find a better tenant (or tenants) for that massive space.

As for Sweet Jesus, I never knew ye. I always though the juice place next door would be the first to go.

The huge Forever 21 space vacated in Dufferin Mall is also becoming an...Urban Planet.

I thought that cheapass chain was done!?

The hoarding outside the upcoming Apple store is now completely white. It was painted black since August. I think the "coming soon" signs should appear shortly, or they could just do a sudden surprise stealth opening on the 14th.

On a side note, since Canada Goose is supposed to replace the current Apple Store upstairs on Level 3, I guess they'll be missing opening in the crucial winter season. I assume it will take them until maybe Spring to renovate and re-open?

The hoarding outside the upcoming Apple store is now completely white. It was painted black since August. I think the "coming soon" signs should appear shortly, or they could just do a sudden surprise stealth opening on the 14th.

On a side note, since Canada Goose is supposed to replace the current Apple Store upstairs on Level 3, I guess they'll be missing opening in the crucial winter season. I assume it will take them until maybe Spring to renovate and re-open?

Could they not just throw a hammer through the hoarding to open it up?

The huge Forever 21 space vacated in Dufferin Mall is also becoming an...Urban Planet.

I thought that cheapass chain was done!?

People weren't shopping enough at Forever 21 to sustain their stores. Can Urban Planet survive with their even more bottom of the barrel clothing? They already closed up shop once before at Eaton Centre, where B2 is currently located. I'm really shocked that they're coming back from the dead.

Just get a bunch of people jumping onto the hoarding from the Level 3 balcony upstairs to bust it all open. Like what happened in the summer, only on a grander scale.

Anyone recall the Disco Demolition Night at Comiskey Park, Chicago in 1979? Perhaps we can have Apple demolition night to usher in the new store?

People weren't shopping enough at Forever 21 to sustain their stores. Can Urban Planet survive with their even more bottom of the barrel clothing? They already closed up shop once before at Eaton Centre, where B2 is currently located. I'm really shocked that they're coming back from the dead.

"Catering to a broad demographic of young men & women aged 16 to 24" (source). Something for everyone then! :rolleyes: On the plus side, it's nominally Canadian.

Kernels on Level 1 is under renovation.
Mrs. Fields/Pretzelmaker on the opposite side has closed and is being replaced with a "Japanese" style Cheesecake shop. It's not Uncle Tetsu, but another local competitor - Cheese Garden.
Manitobah Mukluks and Vivorosa have closed their temporary pop-up locations. Vivorosa is being replaced again by Blue Marine & Co., which was previously in the same space.
I assume that H&R Block will probably open up another storefront somewhere in the mall for tax season.
Links of London on Level 3 will be closing due to bankruptcy.
Edit to add: Blue Marine & Co. on Level 1 will be replaced by a Zeiss Lens Care store.

Last edited:
Blue Marine & Co. has re-opened on Level 2.

Links of London and Thomas Sabo are both now closed due to bankruptcy. No more jewellery for you!

RW & Co. is moving upstairs to Level 2. They will go to the Queen St. end, in the former Hyba space beside Armani Exchange.

Back