News   Apr 25, 2024
 177     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Toronto Eaton Centre

I am not at all confident that pests can be limited to a single restaurant in a food court. I think I will avoid that place for the time being.

When I worked at the Atrium on Bay in the Pickle Barrel we got sprayed weekly. It turned out that roaches had spread throughout the complex via the cleaners. When the the cleaners were walking through the back hallways they were dragging the buggers with them.

If anyone told me that they were limited to one establishment I would tell them to eat at every place there. Watch how fast they decline.

In rather disappointing news, (for me, at least) J.Crew will be closing as of January 6th. Apparently their lease was up for renewal and CF was requesting a rather large hike in rent.
This leaves the Bloor West and Sherway Gardens shops as the only locations that carry the J.Crew Men's line. Yorkdale only has Women's fashions.

Aesop is now open on Level 3. I quite like the design of the store.

Hyba and Thyme Maternity will also be closing and merging into the main Reitman's store.

Calendar Club, Fruits of the Land and Town Shoes will all be shutting down in January.

Just came here to post the same thing about J.Crew... the entire store was 70% off today. That said, the entire men's brand went to crap over the last 2 years. Shame to see what's become of J.Crew but taken for what it is now, J.Crew leaving the Eaton Centre isn't such a big loss. Hopefully what replaces it will be good. Frank and Oak men's store would be great!

Just came here to post the same thing about J.Crew... the entire store was 70% off today. That said, the entire men's brand went to crap over the last 2 years. Shame to see what's become of J.Crew but taken for what it is now, J.Crew leaving the Eaton Centre isn't such a big loss. Hopefully what replaces it will be good. Frank and Oak men's store would be great!

I believe Retail-Insider gossiped some time ago about Canada Goose potentially replacing the J Crew space at the Eaton Centre.

J.Crew has been ransacked and not much is left as of today. However, if you need larger sizes, there is a better chance of you finding something good!

Rinascimento on Level 2 (the old Bench space) is gone baby, gone.

I believe Retail-Insider gossiped some time ago about Canada Goose potentially replacing the J Crew space at the Eaton Centre.

Could a standalone Canada Goose do better than J.Crew in such a large retail space? I feel their clothing selection would be popular during fall/winter, but who needs a down parka in the spring and summertime?
In addition, their jackets are already carried at Harry Rosen, Sak's, Nordstrom and Blue Marine, which all carry clothing for non-winter seasons. If Frank & Oak opened a men's store in the mall, I'd be happy!

That all makes sense until you see the line for Canada Goose at Yorkdale! Even though they can be purchased queue-free in other stores in the very same mall.
Not entirely true, at least not at Yorkdale. There's no Canada Goose at Nordstrom's (which is right next door). Although you may be able to find a limited number of items at Sporting Life, etc....

Guess and Marciano have both closed and the stock cleared out, with a sign that indicates they are moving. Where exactly, I'm not yet sure. Their sign just refers for shoppers to go to their accessories store in the meantime.
With the above two shops and Rinascimento next door all closed, plus Hyba to shut down soon, that would leave a large number of adjacent spaces all vacant. Perhaps CF will be bringing in another big name retailer into a new large combined space?

Guess and Marciano have both closed and the stock cleared out, with a sign that indicates they are moving. Where exactly, I'm not yet sure. Their sign just refers for shoppers to go to their accessories store in the meantime.
With the above two shops and Rinascimento next door all closed, plus Hyba to shut down soon, that would leave a large number of adjacent spaces all vacant. Perhaps CF will be bringing in another big name retailer into a new large combined space?

How much space is vacant? Looking on the map, there's Honey in between Guess/Marciano/Rinascimento and Hyba.

If Armani Exchange and Honey both vacate, you could put someone pretty decent sized in there with Yonge St frontage. The stores there now have terrible street presence.

I wonder if Simon's could squeeze in here? Unless they took the Yonge/Queen corner as well, it would probably be too small for them though.

That all makes sense until you see the line for Canada Goose at Yorkdale! Even though they can be purchased queue-free in other stores in the very same mall.
I think the lines speak to the very specific market the mall targets now whom buy up the coats and ship them overseas.

Could a standalone Canada Goose do better than J.Crew in such a large retail space? I feel their clothing selection would be popular during fall/winter, but who needs a down parka in the spring and summertime?
In addition, their jackets are already carried at Harry Rosen, Sak's, Nordstrom and Blue Marine, which all carry clothing for non-winter seasons. If Frank & Oak opened a men's store in the mall, I'd be happy!

With the winter we're having this year, I don't quite get the need for $800-1000 parkas at any time. I have a very warm North Face parka (bought on sale three years ago) that I've worn four days since November. But I guess I'm not into status symbols.

Back