News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

CF is embarking on a massive shuffle at Eaton Centre, assembling a large number of stores around and below the current Apple Store.

Apple is moving to the Abercrombie space which will be expanded to include the corner where Scotch & Soda and Baby Gap are moving out of.

Directly above is the existing Apple Store. With Lulu Lemon moving out, that sits on the edge of Abercrombie below. Just Ann Taylor stands in the way of a potential 2 story Apple Store.

I have more info. Continuing to investigate.

Indigo is still an option for cards. Otherwise, yea the sustainability of card shops has declined due to alternatives and also by going digital.
With a colour printer and good photo-editing and/or vector graphics software, one can create custom greeting cards that are much more personalized than those found in the likes of Hallmark.

Imagine a birthday card with the birthday person's face on it!

Last edited:
The Apple Store relocation has been confirmed by this application to the City:

35478-119738.png

CRU2105A is in fact Abercrombie & Fitch.

Where in the Eaton Centre is Abercrombie moving? Are Scotch and Soda and Baby Gap leaving the mall, or are they relocating? Thanks for any info! (Cadillac Fairview are not replying to requests for a statement. Not yet, anyway.)

Front page story here.

The Apple Store relocation has been confirmed by this application to the City:

CRU2105A is in fact Abercrombie & Fitch.

Where in the Eaton Centre is Abercrombie moving? Are Scotch and Soda and Baby Gap leaving the mall, or are they relocating? Thanks for any info! (Cadillac Fairview are not replying to requests for a statement. Not yet, anyway.)

Front page story here.

Abercrombie is moving directly across the hall, into the spaces formerly occupied by Guess, Marciano and Bench/Rinascimento. Scotch and Soda is relocating to the former Le Chateau Men's store, beside Aldo Accessories on Level 2. I'm not sure as to where Baby Gap is moving as yet.

Abercrombie is moving directly across the hall, into the spaces formerly occupied by Guess, Marciano and Bench/Rinascimento. Scotch and Soda is relocating to the former Le Chateau Men's store, beside Aldo Accessories on Level 2. I'm not sure as to where Baby Gap is moving as yet.
Thanks, I will update the front page story!

If you get word of where Baby Gap is going, reply again and I'll get the alert that there's something to check up on again.

Something I just realized - Black Goat Cashmere a few doors down from Scotch & Soda is a temporary pop-up store. When they close, that would leave Jack & Jones as the lone occupied store in between. If Jack & Jones is relocated somewhere else in the mall (or closes), then feasibly those two spaces could also be incorporated into the forthcoming Apple Store.

Thanks, I will update the front page story!

If you get word of where Baby Gap is going, reply again and I'll get the alert that there's something to check up on again.

The only indication I have of Baby GAP moving is from a commercial real estate insider who had previously told me about Abercrombie, Baby Gap and Scotch & Soda moving and the three stores being consolidated into one space for an at the time unknown tenant. Given that both Abercrombie and Scotch & Soda’s moves came to pass, I believe the source but no Baby GAP move yet has me questioning whether Apple will take the 3 spaces.

My working theory right now is that Baby GAP would just be absorbed into the existing GAP mega store. Nonetheless, there are a lot of spaces opening up. Many moves happening with Armani Exchange and m0851 vacating their Queen St entrance spaces for a Tesla showroom, Canada Goose moving to the existing Apple Store on L3, Harry Rosen expanding into 2 Queen West and Lululemon moving to a different space. There is certainly room for a relocated Baby Gap.

One final thought, I believe that Apple will build their back of house along the side rather than the back which would make Scotch & Soda and Baby GAP’s spaces essential. Apple will choose to keep the store open from end to end to allow for a future opening on to James Street and a potential Old City Hall square that might be built there after 2024 when the courts move out.

Last edited:
There's already another Baby Gap store on the lower level.

Sounds like CF is positioning the higher end stores at the south end of the mall, instead of just the top level. That should make Saks happy.

There's already another Baby Gap store on the lower level.

Sounds like CF is positioning the higher end stores at the south end of the mall, instead of just the top level. That should make Saks happy.
Yup, saw the Baby Gap/Gap Kids door at the main Gap store tonight on level 1… and the Baby Gap on level 2 does have final sales signs up, so I’d assume those products are just going to be sold through the main store onwards. It and Scotch and Soda might have their doors closed before the Abercrombie move.

The Rocky Mountain Soap Co. Pop up shop has closed. It will be replaced by Bailey Nelson.

The former Teavana space will be occupied by Calforex money exchange.

Ardene on Level 1 has suddenly closed, and the staff was busy packing up all the remaining merchandise into boxes. I'm not sure if they are moving elsewhere in the mall, or permanently shutting down.

Last edited:
Ted Baker London on Level 3 has suddenly closed again. The windows are all covered up like before, saying that they are undergoing some renovations. They just had a Grand Re-opening party on December 11th. Is there something wrong with their space?

Wasn't there a leak in that area a few weeks ago? Could be because of that.

Ted Baker London on Level 3 has suddenly closed again. The windows are all covered up like before, saying that they are undergoing some renovations. They just had a Grand Re-opening party on December 11th. Is there something wrong with their space?

Back