UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
OMB Settlement Leads to Design, Usage Changes at 470 Wilson
ALSO

Toronto Eaton Centre

soundmuseum

I have weird fever dream-like memories of that atrium before it got bastardized.

There were plants.. A police station.. The kites, some Blade Runner Japanese looking lady and the lady above there ^^

I miss the old EC.
It was definitely an interesting time. I remember that police station in the middle of the atrium, along with all that weird astroturf-like green carpet flooring. Plus that odd retail passageway below leading to the movie theatres which had laughably small screens.

gabe

I have weird fever dream-like memories of that atrium before it got bastardized.

There were plants.. A police station.. The kites, some Blade Runner Japanese looking lady and the lady above there ^^

I miss the old EC.
As an avid gardener, i miss the days when the Eaton Centre and other malls, were full of trees and tropical plants, greenery is so aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Of course now a days gardeners and Horticulturists are no longer in the shopping mall's budgets.

soundmuseum

Fossil and Trade Secrets have both re-opened after their respective renovations. Freedom Mobile and Lucky Mobile have opened new kiosks on Level 2.
Rocky Mountain Soap Company will be opening later this summer in the former Capezio space on Level 2.
Danier, Frank & Oak and Paragon will also open stores in TEC, locations to be determined.
Refuel Juicery is still not open.

There was also a rather large flood due to this afternoon's thunderstorm. All 3 levels were affected on the south end of the mall.

Last edited:

soundmuseum

Purdy's Chocolate, Rocky Mountain Soap Company, Danier, the new expanded Nike store and Refuel Juicery (finally!) are all now open.
The old remaining Nike space beside their new store is now vacant. MAC will be opening what I assume will likely be a temporary location in the former Teavana space.

soundmuseum

As I figured, MAC is under renovation. Rocky Mountain Soap Company's store is apparently a temporary pop-up shop.

"Paragon" is now open. I was wondering what it was...at first I thought it might be a directory listing for the security company office.

Disappointingly, it's actually a kiosk on Level 2 for "Forever Flawless", which sells an LED facial wand called "Paragon". It's yet another one of those scam cosmetics kiosks that use aggressive and pushy hard-sell sales tactics to hawk overpriced no-name brand skincare supposedly infused with diamonds, gold, sea salt etc. Their pricing goes in the hundreds and thousands. That LED wand is selling for $5,450.00 on their website. You may have seen them in other malls under various brand names like OroGold, Vine Vera, Premier Dead Sea, Lioness, L'Core, Adore, Oceane, Bionyx, Opatra, etc. Stay far away from that shady kiosk! You're better off sticking to Sephora, Face Shop and the countless other legit options in the rest of the mall.

These articles are from a while back, but is typical of what happens at these kiosks:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/life/f...Israeli+hand+cream+pedlars/9673499/story.html

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2013/09...oman-with-down-syndrome-1695-of-face-cream-2/

soundmuseum

Danish Pastry House will be opening where Nine West used to be located.
Frank & Oak will be opening in the former Vince Camuto space beside Victoria's Secret.
Rockport is now closed.