News   Mar 28, 2024
 730     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 491     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 800     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

If their hand soaps sell, it's purely due to marketing, because the ingredients are totally banal and common in cheap soaps.

I'm not aware of any cheap soaps that contain, among other things, petitgrain oil and bergamot rind. But your point is well taken - I'm not sure it cleans hands any better, or is any better for the skin, than less expensive hand soaps (with the caveat that some cheap soaps one can buy at the grocery or drug store are, in fact, not great). But that's true of many luxury products. The scent, the feel -- it's a sensory thing, not to mention the appeal of the brand. How it cleans one's hands is largely beside the point.

I'm not aware of any cheap soaps that contain, among other things, petitgrain oil and bergamot rind. But your point is well taken - I'm not sure it cleans hands any better, or is any better for the skin, than less expensive hand soaps (with the caveat that some cheap soaps one can buy at the grocery or drug store are, in fact, not great). But that's true of many luxury products. The scent, the feel -- it's a sensory thing, not to mention the appeal of the brand. How it cleans one's hands is largely beside the point.

I can't speak about Aesop's hand soap, but their body wash - while pricey - is quite good. A tiny bit goes a long way and the large bottle can easily last 6 months to a year, depending on your usage. If you're buying a bottle of Olay, Dove or other drugstore brand body washes once or twice a month, it ends up the same cost-wise. Their skin care line is quite good too. Their pricing seems to be more affordable in Australia in comparison to elsewhere in the world.

I'm sure it does smell good and does the job well - I was mostly thinking about the sodium lauryl sulfate, magnesium nitrate, methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone - the standard combination of detergents and preservatives that are absent in better brands and whose safety is dubious.

I never thought Sunrise Records would outlast Jean Machine (they were once the same company). Moreover, I never thought Sunrise Records would outlast HMV either!

I thought Sunrise went tits up a few years ago just prior to His Masters Voice.

Realistically though nobody goes into Music Stores as much as they used to.

A store called Fruits of The Land has opened in the former Teavana location across from Shoppers. They are selling Holiday baskets, jams and other Christmas-y type food goods.
I'm a bit sad that Hickory Farms didn't return for this Christmas season.

Thai Express in the lower Food Court was closed down for numerous health inspection violations, including:
Food premise maintained in manner permitting health hazard - Sec. 7(1)(a)(i)
Fail to protect against harbouring of pests - Sec. 13(1)
http://www.toronto.ca/health/dinesafe/index.htm?show=detail&id=123098

A store called Fruits of The Land has opened in the former Teavana location across from Shoppers. They are selling Holiday baskets, jams and other Christmas-y type food goods.
I'm a bit sad that Hickory Farms didn't return for this Christmas season.

Thai Express in the lower Food Court was closed down for numerous health inspection violations, including:
Food premise maintained in manner permitting health hazard - Sec. 7(1)(a)(i)
Fail to protect against harbouring of pests - Sec. 13(1)
http://www.toronto.ca/health/dinesafe/index.htm?show=detail&id=123098

I like/appreciate your contribution, but somehow feel the reaction to the Thai Express news is best left as .............?

Back