News   Apr 24, 2024
 515     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 718     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 519     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

So, what prompted the rename of this thread to "CF Toronto Eaton Centre" since the discussions here have been pretty contemptuous of this silly "rebranding". IIRC, most media still refer to it without the acronym Cadillac's PR department wants us to use.

I'm okay with the thread rename as long as we all seem to agree that CF stands for "Cluster***k".

Putting CF in the thread title is just silly. I always think Cystic Fibrosis Eaton Centre when I see it.

So, what prompted the rename of this thread to "CF Toronto Eaton Centre" since the discussions here have been pretty contemptuous of this silly "rebranding". IIRC, most media still refer to it without the acronym Cadillac's PR department wants us to use.

I'm okay with the thread rename as long as we all seem to agree that CF stands for "Cluster***k".

Ed (the owner of this site) is big on using official and/or marketing names on everything. I wanted to add addresses or neighbourhood to the thread titles of lesser-known residential developments so I could keep track of projects, even those with meaningless marketing names, but Ed kept shutting that discussion down, claiming that it would make thread titles too long. Of course, that means that as soon as a project name is announced, the address or old project name is wiped.

even those with meaningless marketing names, but Ed kept shutting that discussion down, claiming that it would make thread titles too long.

Well then, he should just take his own advice and cut out the CF to keep this thread title from being longer than it needs to be. :p

The "CF" prefix is dumb on signs in the various malls, and it is silly in the thread title here (given that no one outside the PR department actually calls it the CF Toronto Eaton Centre). But it is what it is.

I checked again, and Hollister is actually renovating and downsizing their space beside Gap. Zumiez will be opening up beside the reconfigured location.

I checked again, and Hollister is actually renovating and downsizing their space beside Gap. Zumiez will be opening up beside the reconfigured location.
That's very strange. Hollister is a fairly busy store. I still shop there even though I feel too old to be wearing their clothes.

That's very strange. Hollister is a fairly busy store. I still shop there even though I feel too old to be wearing their clothes.

I think they might see it as an opportunity to revamp the store design. Their new store format has glass windows that make the clothing visible to customers, rather than the current "hidden beach cabana" vibe.

I think they might see it as an opportunity to revamp the store design. Their new store format has glass windows that make the clothing visible to customers, rather than the current "hidden beach cabana" vibe.

The parent company is in trouble, and Hollister sales have been flat, so in addition to the store redesign, no doubt the objective is also smaller and cheaper space.

ETA: "The efforts made by the company in its Hollister brand, to create an emotionally engaging brand experience, though may be working. Based on the success of their previous brand remodels, a further eight were completed in the third quarter, with an additional 12 scheduled to open in December, bringing the total of remodeled Hollister stores to 64 this year. The Hollister Club Cali loyalty program, rolled out in the US last quarter, was met with enthusiasm by the customer, acquiring nearly four million active members, and driving increased sales." (here)

Last edited:
Gerry Weber in the Level 2 expansion has closed. Their sign has been removed and the windows have been covered up.

Gerry Weber in the Level 2 expansion has closed. Their sign has been removed and the windows have been covered up.

Holy, they didn't last very long!

Holy, they didn't last very long!

I rarely saw customers inside the shop. It was usually just the staff standing around. At first, I thought they were catering to a much older clientele, but I checked the website and their clothes seem to be in line with other stores in the mall. Is it just a lack of brand recognition?

I rarely saw customers inside the shop. It was usually just the staff standing around. At first, I thought they were catering to a much older clientele, but I checked the website and their clothes seem to be in line with other stores in the mall. Is it just a lack of brand recognition?
Saw the same thing in their Square One location, which also closed. I can't imagine that having employees stand around starring at customers walking by boded well for business.

Koryo Korean BBQ will be replacing the Extreme Pita in the Urban Eatery food court

Back