News   May 03, 2024
 151     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 315     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 727     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

I can't quite recall, but where in the Eaton Centre was Elephant & Castle located? I assume this is the same chain as Yonge & Gerrard (which is "relatively" new I believe) and King W/Simcoe.
I recall it was in the middle of the mall on the north side, north of the big fountain.

In looking for images I came across this site http://www.blogto.com/city/2011/01/toronto_of_the_1880s/

Too bad this wasn't kept.

201111-YongeStreetarcadeinterior1885.jpg

Mr. Greenjeans serves coleslaw with fries and chicken fingers. Usually, most other places that serve fries and chicken fingers don't serve them with any salad, but coleslaw is somehow included.

Coleslaw with fries is pretty common.

No, the elephant and castle was south of the water fountain, on the west side, closer to where the Banana Republic for men is. And it had an exit on the street side as well.

That Elephant & Castle had a great atmosphere. I also remember another restaurant called the Magic Pan, on the galleria level.

Magic Pan was one of my teen-aged hangouts, for when we were "fine dining" :rolleyes: Swiss Chalet and Spaghetti Factory were the go-tos for alcohol because they never checked IDs.

speaking of restaurants that closed down in Eaton Centre..
remember this one just around the corner of it...
"Lime Ricky's "..... gosh I miss that place...
their Kit Kat Chocolat's rocked my world.. - loved the ambiance old 60's vibe and they did have great food!
shame it closed down...

Does anyone remember Marks and Spencer? I think it was two floors.

Last year I visited the M&S in Hamilton, Bermuda and it reminded me of my visits to the Eaton's Centre location as a lad.

I remember when Club Monaco in the "Dundas Mall" had a restaurant!

The Club Monaco on Bloor Street had a patio restaurant in the early 2000s. I think it only lasted one or two seasons.

I remember the tiered fountain near the Queen Street side of the Eaton Centre. I think it was torn down around 2000 or 2001. There was also a mini fountain in one of the food courts back in the early 80s. It was near a counter order Italian place (was it a Sbarro? Not sure...I was too young. I just remember their beef stew). There was also a hot dog joint at the Bay/Simpson's until fairly recently when it became Foodwares. Never really paid attention to the name.

Does anyone remember Marks and Spencer? I think it was two floors.

Last year I visited the M&S in Hamilton, Bermuda and it reminded me of my visits to the Eaton's Centre location as a lad.

I remember M&S at the Eaton Centre... it was two floors and, if my memory serves me correctly, around where HMV is right now (and whatever is above it). Clothing on the top floor, foodstuffs on the bottom. It was pretty dead in there near the end so no surprise they retreated from Canada.

Magic Pan was one of my teen-aged hangouts, for when we were "fine dining" :rolleyes: Swiss Chalet and Spaghetti Factory were the go-tos for alcohol because they never checked IDs.

I fondly remember Magic Pan. It was on the top floor about where Club Monaco is now. They dipped the bottom of pans in the crepe batter then placed them upside-down over their rotating oven.

Back