News   Apr 24, 2024
 947     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 618     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

I rented an office upstairs for 8 years, but I went to Mr. Greenjeans only once during that time and it was memorable. The absolute worst Caesar salad I ever had in my life.

The tunnel through Sears has been indefinitely shuttered and drywalled off. Detour outside or through B2 level.

Awnings have been removed from Sears with burn marks on the cladding to show it. Scaffolding is up to the 3rd floor in parts; I'm guessing it will cover the entire Sears as they rip its face off.

most of the facade is original from the Eatons days still.

The mustard-yellow panels on the upper floors (to the extent they were not covered up with signage) are still there. But all the other defining elements of the Eaton's exterior (the porthole windows along Yonge, the covered colonnade, the rounded corners at Dundas and (former, not current) Trinity Square - with the great windows on the Dundas-facing corner) are long gone.

First my favourite restaurant Elephant & Castle leaves the Eatons Centre, then Marks and Spencer leaves me bereft of Ringos (yes, I'm a child of the 1970s and early 1980s) and now Mr Green Jeans is gone.
I can't quite recall, but where in the Eaton Centre was Elephant & Castle located? I assume this is the same chain as Yonge & Gerrard (which is "relatively" new I believe) and King W/Simcoe.

Was it along there were Michael Kors and Club Monaco are now? East Side Marios was along there, years ago.

Wasn't that where Lime Rickey's was? Or was that up where Roots is now? I loved that place when I was a kid. Mostly because they had sundaes the size of my head.

Back