Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Does anyone know if they ever fixed the leaky ceiling/skylight roof?
I remember going to EC on a rainy day couple years ago when they have to put out buckets to catch the water.

Don't worry, soon Rob Ford will become mayor and get rid of all the beggars and homeless people who litter our streets. Our porky pied piper will solve all your problems. You can be assured of that, caltrane.

Presumably they can't do anything very radical while still keeping the mall open. In any case, all I would really want is a "freshening" of the look, which I think this covers.

My number one desire for the Eaton Centre - get rid of Lush from the Dundas end. That store stinks up the subway station as well as its immediate environs. When "scent-free" policies flourish, I don't know why C-F tolerates them and their stinky soap smell.

hahahaha! I totally think the same thing, but thought I'd be seriously outnumbered due to the popularity of Lush. Or is it really that popular? They haven't really been opening that many new stores lately.

Smells more like the household cleaner aisle at your local Canadian Tire than some place you'd go to buy bath soap.

Colour me underwhelmed - the designs I've seen so far are neither in keeping with the original spirit, NOR represents the best of contemporary work - in fact, the redo makes EC looks even more like just-another-mall.

AoD

Agreed. Some work is necessary, but they should've maintained and built upon the unique design elements.

I am surprised no one has commented in this thread - latest update: scaffolding in the south food court is up; stretches of the existing flooring is removed/covered - especially the area around the fountain.

AoD

i hope they do something with that fountain... yes... there I said it. I don't like the fountain.

I'll probably get blasted for that, but I'm entitled to my opinion :)

Aside from that the glass railings are a nice touch... it'll look really sharp when it's all installed.

Last edited:
i hope they do something with that fountain... yes... there I said it. I don't like the fountain.

I'll probably get blasted for that, but I'm entitled to my opinion :)

Aside from that the glass railings are a nice touch... it'll look really sharp when it's all installed.

i'd like it better if it was redone, i agree

What's so offensive about the fountain?

It's kinda boring. I feel as though that if I was a tourist, and I saw the fountain and the attraction it attracted, I'd take a picture of it just because I was expected to, and not because it's genuinely interesting. I'd go back home thinking that it was rather lame as a touristy thing to take a picture of, and my how lame those Torontonians are :p

That said, I don't think that's a good enough reason to remove it or change it.

Back