Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

I've recently started with CIBC, and admittedly part of my decision making process involved the new office (which we will be part of the first cohort moving in). That, and a defined benefits pension... I find it funny how excited I was about the pension plan, but it just shows I'm aging. ;)

I think my take-away is more about the impact on Nordstrom.

It literally shadows the top of the store and makes it seem even less significant that it does now.

I said it was a mistake when they made the store seem almost invisible on the Dundas Mall side, in sufficiently grand on the Yonge side, understated entrances from the main/south mall; and an under-sized interior that in particular lacked the focal-point centre escalator space of the old Eaton's.

It didn't and doesn't feel 'Flagship'.

Compared w/what they did at Pacific Centre in Vancouver (it's almost double the size), the DT store disappoints and its sales have reflected that.

Quite frankly at this point maybe it's time to take stock on whether choosing EC vs. anything at Bloor-Yorkville is a bad locational decision in the first place.

AoD

I've recently started with CIBC, and admittedly part of my decision making process involved the new office (which we will be part of the first cohort moving in). That, and a defined benefits pension... I find it funny how excited I was about the pension plan, but it just shows I'm aging. ;)

And with the Park Lawn station you're all set.

AoD

I guess this is who won the RFP. BMO had been shopping for space about this size across the GTA from my understanding - it will mostly consolidate a bunch of suburban offices I believe. 360k of office space isn't insignificant, this will be a big boost to the density of Yonge-Dundas, and is a big vote of confidence for the mid-downtown office market. There isn't a lot of new space constructed this far north.. though I guess this is technically a renovation.

Their 905 call centre offices are still new. If I were to guess, this space will replace space lost at 60 Yonge (sold to Lanterra) , space in the Yonge Sheppard Centre, and space at Yonge & Bloor. Not exactly suburban markets. Note: I'm just talking about space. They'll move many more groups around than this space can actually hold.

I wish you well and found yourself a good home among all the clowns.

We've put up a front page story with a couple more details… but not too many, because there aren't too many: they haven't settled on an architect yet, apparently. We've not been told where the rendering comes from.

Would be great if they could get back Wilkinson Eyre. They did a stellar job on the bridge and CIBC's towers are set to look stunning.

I wonder if this will have an impact on TD's long-time presence in the Eaton Centre.

It’s clear that Cadillac Fairview’s one and only strategy is to put their logo on just about everything.

30386F40-C165-447C-8E8C-CDFD1F8214A5.jpeg

Attachments

• 30386F40-C165-447C-8E8C-CDFD1F8214A5.jpeg
    30386F40-C165-447C-8E8C-CDFD1F8214A5.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 693
It’s cute, but there are chunks of it on the floor. The poor thing will be much smaller by Easter if that continues.

Back