Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

What about uniqlo? Where are they going? Across from H&M I thought? They often have windows kinda like that.

Here is a shot I took of their new store's exterior that opened a couple weeks ago in Chicago

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,254
So the second and third floor facing into the mall seem to have been replaced by wall to wall windows. Should really open up the space. Nee windows on the outside second floor today. Will try to get a pic.

IMG_20151106_074247.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20151106_074247.jpg
    IMG_20151106_074247.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 2,093
Last edited by a moderator:
We have windows
Eaton Centre.jpg

Attachments

• Eaton Centre.jpg
    Eaton Centre.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 2,070
At first, I was thinking there wasn't gonna be a patio. Now I'm back to thinking that there is a Patio, look at how those windows line up with the ledge in the picture above.

Seems to make sense. But for now, I'll just keep walking by and seeing what's going on for sure.

Uniqlo is up at Dundas. Nordstrom is going to have three restaurants. The patio could be for one of them.

Similar to the new Vancouver store.

nordstrom_march_2015_4-984x500.jpg

images.jpg

Attachments

• nordstrom_march_2015_4-984x500.jpg
    nordstrom_march_2015_4-984x500.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 2,376
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,648
Last edited by a moderator:
its uniqlo thats my bet.

I am not sure why people look forward to a uniqlo so much ... We have several in Shanghai and I don't have good things to say about either the quality or the design. They are really very generic and uninteresting. At least three of t-shirts became unwearable after two washes only.

I am not sure why people look forward to a uniqlo so much ... We have several in Shanghai and I don't have good things to say about either the quality or the design. They are really very generic and uninteresting. At least three of t-shirts became unwearable after two washes only.

I've been to them before in Bangkok and the 11 floor flagship Tokyo store. I find it hard to leave without buying something. Their clothing definitely has a simple like quality to it, not flashy, just clean and stylish. I especially like their underwear and graphic t's the most. I'm not even an underwear loving kinda guy but I find theirs appealing because of the plush material they use. To me, the quality is good, had a hole in one shirt of the armpit but it was 2 years old. Prices seem fair for the quality you get. Hopefully they will be a good value here as well.

First and foremost they are very aesthetically appealing in their visual merchandising.
They are great for basics. A cheaper American apparel/ more colourful Joe Fresh.
I loaded up on socks, found some sweet hoodies, and they do Disney exclusives so I got some awesome Star Wars and Mickey stuff. They also had some fun keith herring, basquiat, and Warhol stuff, and their prices are really good. I'd never fully dress myself from there though.
Some of their stuff is awful (read ugly) But some of it is pretty sweet.

Regardless their stores look amazing (atleast the New York and Chicago ones. Not familiar with any others)

^ In addition to all that you listed, I find that their sizing is near perfect for my body. I always have issues with finding things that fit me well, but everything seems to fit me well at Uniqlo, and its all basic... which is pretty much my staple.

What do you like? Not just in fashion, in anything?

What do you like? Not just in fashion, in anything?

I don't hate it, but as I said, its quality is only average (judging my personal experience), and I just don't see why people seem to look forward to it that much, maybe it is the "the first store" factor or the "Japanese factor" (people line up for anything Japanese, let it be a ramen house, or cheesecake with 10% cheese or Muji). I shopped at Uniqlo several times and was never impressed. Slightly better than H&M, but Zara is better.

Of course the brand is a good addition to Eaton Centre. I am more likely to find the right size for underwear or socks at Uniqlo than a typical western brand, which tends to be too big. But the Japanese have a weird sense of fashion I will never appreciate.

Back