Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Does this imply that Sears will be vacating their Head Office location at EC?
Sears was informed a few months ago that Cadillac will not be renewing their lease and they will have to find new office space by December 2018. That's of course if the company is even around until 2018 which I highly doubt at this point.

No worries. Sears has secured some more appropriately sized head office space on Kingston Road in Scarborough.

SearsHQ.jpg

photo credit: TheStar.com

Attachments

• SearsHQ.jpg
    SearsHQ.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 414
We have a little more information up in a new front page story about why that bronze appears so dark. Check it out!

Makes sense about the protective coating.

I walked past this last week - looks good. The other thing I noticed was that it was being quite strongly light by reflected light from the blueish glass building behind, which was making the downward angled bronze almost green in its reflections. I presume that's the coating also.

Lots of people pausing and commenting on the bridge. Quite a few taking pictures. Generally positive comments I thought, a few along the WTF theme :)

Those preachers are not well intended and are very frustrating. I want to buy a megaphone just so I can yell back at them.
It is not charming in the slightest. Maybe the believe guy. He's ok. He's not spreading hate. But the megaphone guy needs to be removed.
The believe guy is creepy and annoying. I'm walking through that intersection most days and beyond him occasionally startling myself, I've watched as he specifically targets young girls with his 'believe' nonsense.

I don't have a trouble with the other street preachers presence, but the believe guy gets in your personal space sometimes, and is more annoying than the others IMO.

Wow it's really moving along fast now. It seemed like it was going to take forever when they first started it. Alos they seem to be working on it 7 days a week now there used to be no one around o the weekend but the last few I've been by they have been working on it.

As someone who's gay, I'd like to add my vote to get rid of the loud street preachers. I'm sick of hearing them scream that we're going to hell for being sinners. I have no beef with the duo that stands there with the "What does the bible really teach?" booklets because they just pleasantly chat among themselves until someone approaches them. But the megaphone guys have got to go...

Interesting so no doors on it. How do the plan to prevent a fire in one build to spread to another with out doors? Alos won't there be a lot of heat loss in the winter though the glass and presumably in the summer it would be fairly hot in there too.

Interesting so no doors on it. How do the plan to prevent a fire in one build to spread to another with out doors? Alos won't there be a lot of heat loss in the winter though the glass and presumably in the summer it would be fairly hot in there too.

There was an air supply duct installed as part of the base - you can see it in some of the photos. That said, I doubt it'll be completely conditioned as it's only a space you pass through, not hang around in. Probably just enough to take the edge off

The old bridge was glass anyway right.

There was an air supply duct installed as part of the base - you can see it in some of the photos. That said, I doubt it'll be completely conditioned as it's only a space you pass through, not hang around in. Probably just enough to take the edge off

The old bridge was glass anyway right.
True but it was heated in the winter.

Back