Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Hoarding is down in front of the mystery space. I still think this will be uniqlo. Based on the windows. There's even a cut out of two squares for their sign. And of course that Eaton center map showing Nordstrom taking the back space as well.

IMG_20160713_211537.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160713_211537.jpg
    IMG_20160713_211537.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,318
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to P23, Kyle and Josh for completing this puzzle (and probably putting an end to the Apple rumours. Probably).

Looks like a complete overhaul of the media tower is in store. They're (slowly) taking parts of it down, piece by piece. The Eaton Centre sign was just removed.

9XyVN6P.jpg

Hoarding is down in front of the mystery space. I still think this will be uniqlo. Based on the windows. There's even a cut out of two squares for their sign. And of course that Eaton center map showing Nordstrom taking the back space as well.

View attachment 81126

I agree. Here's the current directory:

gskuKac.jpg

Whoever is designing this thing has no clue what they're doing. They now put Uniqlo behind H&M in the office lobby. It's now apparent that there never was a third store. Uniqlo goes on Yonge. Nordstrom wraps around it to have a flagship atrium presence.

The hoarding on Yonge now has Uniqlo branding. Case closed.

The hoarding says that UNIQLO is going on the third floor of the atrium.

It's a huge head-scratcher for me that they would put a large retailer like Uniqlo up two floors from grade, but that's what the signage says.

We had to suffer through all that incessant, potential (fantasy - never going to happen ever) Apple talk for a...drumroll please...

...Uniqlo

People should know by now that Apple doesn't like structural columns in their stores ;)

p.s. please see One Bloor East or The One threads for any future predictions on Apple's relocation. Thank you.

If Apple ends up moving anywhere in the Eaton Centre - it'll be in the current Atmosphere space - they've a knack for old spaces when they're available. Plus it's next to Saks / Harry Rosen / Bay Street / Rich People...

Back