Toronto East Lofts Condos | ?m | 12s | Harhay | a—A

I think this is not the last of the construction delay notes. I am thinking it will be at least Feb 2010 for me to move into PH level.

I would agree, if not longer. it'll be a beautiful building, but i don't see it being finished until spring 2010 at the rate it's going.

East lofts stalled?

Is this project stalled?

I go to Betty's every now and then and I can't say it has changed much in two months.

Wouldn't it be usual to add a floor every couple of weeks with this type of building?

Is this project stalled?

I go to Betty's every now and then and I can't say it has changed much in two months. Wouldn't it be usual to add a floor every couple of weeks with this type of building?

It is still being worked on but I agree progress is glacial. They have pretty much finished the first floor so I suppose it MIGHT now move as bit faster now as I assume the upper floors are all standard.

Workers on site yesterday. Crane was moving forms around at the rear of the site. Supports for fourth floor are in place.

3241748299_0e391f1123.jpg

You are right. My mistake. The Solaris picture makes it look like the first floor is double height which it isn't.

Too bad the first floor isn't double like at MOZO. I think it's a big part of why that project was so successful in terms of it's appearance. Nothing worse than a dingy first floor with low ceilings...doesn't make for very impressive (or successful) retail space.

Too bad the first floor isn't double like at MOZO. I think it's a big part of why that project was so successful in terms of it's appearance. Nothing worse than a dingy first floor with low ceilings...doesn't make for very impressive (or successful) retail space.

Actually, I believe the first floor IS double height like MOZO. Those supports in place are for the fouth floor if you consider the retail level two floors. From what I remember, the platform you see in the photo is the ceiling of the retail space.

I am a little dismayed by how slowly progress is going in comparison to other projects in the area that seem to be rising quite fast. The last time I drove by the lot (about 3 weeks ago) it was in much the same condition. When I first signed the contract in Dec 2005 I thought waiting 2 years was long (occupancy was supposed to be Dec 2007)....now it's closer to 4 years :eek:

The original render shows a ground floor that is double height. I would be pretty surprised if a Clewes/AA designed building didn't have a double height ground floor.

Attachments

• SP32-20051104-200524.jpg
    SP32-20051104-200524.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 237
It is double height for the store front sides along King and also along Princess. It is quite impressively high.

In the back corner facing the alley (south-west corner of building), its two floors.

Back