Toronto Dundas Square Gardens | 156.05m | 50s | Gupta | IBI Group

I don't even know where to start with that render

I'm reminded of those diagrams you're not supposed to stare at for more than a few seconds else you lose your mind..

That is possibly the most misleading render I have seen.. This thing is a considerable distance from Yonge dundas but they are selling it as if it is across the street.. (Really its across the street from Filmores and a Tims)

In order to get those trees in there, just for starters, they'd either have to relocate this to The McMichael, or turn that parking lot between the Merchandise Building and the Inverse Pyramid of Spies into Birnham Wood.
Having what looks like Cityplace on the far left, with Yonge and Dundas in the middle distance to the right, we can only assume we're looking through quadrifocals at Yonge and Front, now located on Polson Pier. Yonge turns into Dundas, intersecting Yonge again! This thing is like a Klein Bottle via Escher. As for how the CN Tower and the rest back there got rearranged - either the downtown core has finally had enough and is slowly seceding in a north-eastward direction through Caledon, or the rest of the city decided to cut Jarvis and Dundas loose and float it out into Lake Ontario.

Last edited:
Yes, when did Filmores become the new Eaton Centre? Once you see deception on that level, you have to question everything in that rendering.

lol Northwest - right! But with this rendering, heaven only knows. At least they got the Ho-Lee-Chow right.

Capture2.jpg

If that render had even one more searchlight beam in it, I'd be scanning the skies for German Blimps.

Attachments

• Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 645
Last edited:
Yes, when did Filmores become the new Eaton Centre? Once you see deception on that level, you have to question everything in that rendering.

Exactly. If the rendering is so careless and false in its accuracy, then how can one expect this developer to be genuinely interested in creating a beautiful building?

Correct - there's a Smokes Poutinerie just east of the intersection as well

2014_01_31_02_56_50_dundas_square_gardens_hero_night.jpg

[/QUOTE]

This is the biggest rendering fail, it's very deceiving and so is the name as it is 6 streets away from Dundas Square.
Looks like Dundas Square is sitting up on a hill just a block away.

Last edited:

Back