Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

So lets see - you zoomed in on a couple of gunky looking bits. Therefore - its a shoddy, cheaply fabricated hack job that is substandard, crappy and inferior. Very compelling case you make.

You wouldn't be a real estate agent or competing developer with an axe to grind would you?

Oh, btw, not to rain on your parade of deep and thoughtful analysis, but I met some people who are already living there and they really like it.

"You wouldn't be a real estate agent or competing developer with an axe to grind would you?"

Hey! You wouldn't be a real estate agent or a developer with an condo to sell would you?

just wondering...since all 10 of your posts on this forum are in defense of this building. seems to be the only one in the city you care about.

"but I met some people who are already living there and they really like it."

uh-huh

yet another shoddy and cheaply fabricated hack job rises over the city.

i know, i know: its tall! a substandard design, crappily made, of inferior materials, but tall.

Bazis is going to be paying big time for this mess once the building audit is completed when the building is turned over, or I suspect they'll lose their bond if they can't make satisfactory repairs. What a disaster.

In retrospect, it is very telling how few renders were produced of this building when they were marketing it. There were none that showed the exterior of the building in any detail, none of the podium or entrance, none of the window wall, and (of course) NONE that showed the actual colour they planned on using etc….

All that seems to have been produced is the grandiose and undetailed wide shot (with the hackneyed "shimmering" sun-hit on the corner), the ‘blue-themed’ advertising campaign produced by Montana Steele, and a bunch of misleading boilerplate marketing bumpf.

Anyway, now we know why.

e70e6a95.jpg

72edbc8f.png

“Soaring 35 floors (sic) above Bloor and Yonge, it is destined to become one of Yorkville's finest addresses.â€

“A condominium building of shimmering blue glass, Crystal Blu on the fringes of Yorkville is set to become one of Toronto's most coveted addresses.â€

“The CrystalBlu Condominiums on Bloor Street are brought to you by world renowned and respected master builder Bazis International.â€

“Crystal BLU Toronto condos epitomizes sophisticated urban living in every exquisite detail in the building exteriors and interiors. Soaring 35 floors into the exciting Toronto real estate skyline CrystalBLU condominium tower is destined to become THE most exciting address and prestigious neighbourhood in the downtown area.â€

“Rising from a spectacular 6 storey podium, the contemporary and classical design is resplendent with sky blue glazing and will add an extraordinary dimension to the skyline.â€

“The new BLU Toronto condos is urban living at its true bluest and finest.â€

“Situated in Toronto's Bloor-Yorkville neighbourhood, Crystal BLU epitomizes sophistication in every exquisite detail.â€

90822970.gif

"You wouldn't be a real estate agent or competing developer with an axe to grind would you?"

Hey! You wouldn't be a real estate agent or a developer with an condo to sell would you?

just wondering...since all 10 of your posts on this forum are in defense of this building. seems to be the only one in the city you care about.

"but I met some people who are already living there and they really like it."

uh-huh

I was just wondering what your problem was - but you didn't answer and instead engaged in the usual low-brow form of internet dialogue which is to avoid the question and channel Pee-Wee Herman saying "I know you are, but what am I?" Since you were just wondering, I am not a real estate agent or a developer with a condo to sell. So what's your deal exactly? You like taking pictures of small portions of unfinished buildings then declaring them to be built by the hand of Satan because...?

I don't know what "uh-huh" means but I guess this is your smart way of indicating that you don't believe what I wrote. Please provide contrary evidence that the current new residents of the building actually hate it there and regret buying into it.

I was just wondering what your problem was - but you didn't answer and instead engaged in the usual low-brow form of internet dialogue which is to avoid the question and channel Pee-Wee Herman saying "I know you are, but what am I?" Since you were just wondering, I am not a real estate agent or a developer with a condo to sell. So what's your deal exactly? You like taking pictures of small portions of unfinished buildings then declaring them to be built by the hand of Satan because...?

I don't know what "uh-huh" means but I guess this is your smart way of indicating that you don't believe what I wrote. Please provide contrary evidence that the current new residents of the building actually hate it there and regret buying into it.

Here's the deal: i don't appreciate developers that deliberately mislead the public; that overpromise and underdeliver; that bait and switch the building materials; that promote their developments with an air of snobbishness and exclusivity and then deliver something unbelievably ordinary (at best); that claim to be 'high end' and 'prestigious' when they are nothing of the sort. And and as a decades long resident of downtown Toronto, I don't appreciate having these crappily constructed buildings foisted on the city so that we can stare at them for all eternity. Especially at the scale they are being built at.

As for:

"I was just wondering what your problem was - but you didn't answer and instead engaged in the usual low-brow form of internet dialogue which is to avoid the question"

Right. You were "just wondering"

So, which question are you referring to? this one? "You wouldn't be a real estate agent or competing developer with an axe to grind would you?"

That's not a real question: its just a way of attacking my post, and i turned your ridiculous and fake query back on you.

Finally, there is no reason for me to provide "contrary evidence that the current new residents of the building actually hate it there and regret buying into it.", because my post did not mention that the "tenants", "actually hate it" and "regret buying into it".

My post was about the exterior of the building.

You know, the thing that you stand on the street looking at with one's own eyes.

In this particular case, I used my camera to take pictures of what those eyes were looking at.

Here's the deal: i don't appreciate developers that deliberately mislead the public; that overpromise and underdeliver; that bait and switch the building materials; that promote their developments with an air of snobbishness and exclusivity and then deliver something unbelievably ordinary (at best); that claim to be 'high end' and 'prestigious' when they are nothing of the sort. And and as a decades long resident of downtown Toronto, I don't appreciate having these crappily constructed buildings foisted on the city so that we can stare at them for all eternity. Especially at the scale they are being built at.

As for:

"I was just wondering what your problem was - but you didn't answer and instead engaged in the usual low-brow form of internet dialogue which is to avoid the question"

Right. You were "just wondering"

So, which question are you referring to? this one? "You wouldn't be a real estate agent or competing developer with an axe to grind would you?"

That's not a real question: its just a way of attacking my post, and i turned your ridiculous and fake query back on you.

Finally, there is no reason for me to provide "contrary evidence that the current new residents of the building actually hate it there and regret buying into it.", because my post did not mention that the "tenants", "actually hate it" and "regret buying into it".

My post was about the exterior of the building.

You know, the thing that you stand on the street looking at with one's own eyes.

In this particular case, I used my camera to take pictures of what those eyes were looking at.

Your original post and their follow ups speak for themselves better than any response I could formulate. Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy

Read, enjoy and get back to me when you know how to construct an argument.

Truly laughable.

“As I was walking up Yonge today towards Bloor I thought, wow, Crystal Blu sure looks great. Its exciting to see two new developments side by side. They both really put the nearby Russian gulag-type architecture to shame. Then I thought...I wonder why some sourpusses feel the need to log on to their computers and write silly things about these buildings? They are a welcome part of what one might hope would be a renewal of the area south of Bloor.â€

43e9fe58.gif

BTW can I call you Mr. Blu?

5b0e4c90.png

Ooooo, this is one of the best cage-fights I've seen on this site. So far, thedeepend is absolutely throttling Hendrix--I mean, it's not even close.

I'll also add my 2 cents that I consider this condo to be a 36 story tall glass of milk coloured vomit--kinda like the stuff Neo spits up in the Matrix right after he gains consciousness in the real world.

I'm confused. Are you admitting that you registered an account just to post ridiculous endorsements of the project in this thread so that you could elicit a response?

I'm confused. Are you admitting that you registered an account just to post ridiculous endorsements of the project in this thread so that you could elicit a response?

Are you directing that comment to me?

If so, the answer is "no". I have in the past and today posted responses to postings with which I disagree. The poster who keeps replying whose name I can't recall at the moment demonstrates an inability to reason and seems to want to keep fanning this sad little disaster. My posts are short because I find engaging with people on this board an exasperating waste of time. This is my last post because this is essentially pointless and I couldn't be bothered tracing through a forensic audit of the various misconstructions in these postings. Thanks all, its been really special.

IOW, "uncle".

Kinda reminds me of another (and perhaps somewhat dippier) past poster whose apparent sole UT presence was to spam on behalf of Bloor Street Neighbourhood with the most puerile "BSN rools, Casa drools" arguments, to the point where it didn't matter whether the architecture was execrable or not: with friends like that, BSN didn't need enemies. Ditto presently with Crystal Blu...

Back