Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

Taken yesterday

crystal-blu-20100703-1_1278290775.jpg

In that first shot, do ya see that guy in the red just standing on the edge of the building!.. dayyyuummmm.

Crystal blu really stands out in the sea of beige and white stone buildings :)

Blu is starting to grow in me a bit more. I still wish it was a bit more daring colour-wise to break up all of the beige in the 'hood.

To me it looks best looking up at it from the street on a partly cloudy day. Otherwise it tends to just stand there and blend in all grey-like.

DSCN6054.jpg

DSCN6052.jpg

Also, there's something stuck and flapping around on one of the pieces of cladding right underneath the two top most silvery squares on the east side. It's driving me crazy. I can't figure out what it is. It's been there for more than a week. You can make out the dark spot on the top photo.

Crystal looks really stunning in that lighting! Almost looks like the colour used on acolade (sorta)!. thanks for the views/photos casaguy!

It's nicely positioned as a view terminus, as that last photo suggests. I hate when buildings are positioned in a way that makes it seem like they're dodging a view terminus role, either by being placed at an unusual angle or having a facade of mostly blank wall facing that side. In terms of Crystal Blu though, the generic architecture is regrettable.

yet another shoddy and cheaply fabricated hack job rises over the city.

i know, i know: its tall! a substandard design, crappily made, of inferior materials, but tall.

c25872e1.gif

7542cf29.gif

6d7961b4.gif

yet another shoddy and cheaply fabricated hack job rises over the city.

i know, i know: its tall! a substandard design, crappily made, of inferior materials, but tall.

So lets see - you zoomed in on a couple of gunky looking bits. Therefore - its a shoddy, cheaply fabricated hack job that is substandard, crappy and inferior. Very compelling case you make.

You wouldn't be a real estate agent or competing developer with an axe to grind would you?

Oh, btw, not to rain on your parade of deep and thoughtful analysis, but I met some people who are already living there and they really like it.

Several of those mullions are pretty bad and need replacing, but otherwise I don't see how this building is so terrible as a result. Still nothing compared to the absolutely P.O.S.-hackjob by Tridel down on Wellington. I bet even Tridel is very ashamed of having that building in their history. (The Icon, I believe it is called.)

Back