Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

What's up with those random off colour panels on the south face of the building & roof, has this been discussed before? It looks even worse in person.

I really don't get that. It has been discussed before, but whatever. It's horrible. It's so sloppy looking. Can we tear it down? Maybe the fire was a sign.

On most days it pretty much gets lost and blends into the other high-rises in the area, except from the south but I think the casual pedestrian won't take much note of it, hopefully.

The panels could be temporary. Most of them are where windows (vision glass) should be. Maybe a shipment got screwed up. First and foremost is to make the floors weather tight.

The front of Blu on Balmuto Street

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I love that shot of Blu ^^^. many people don't like the cheapened look of the podium, but i think certain aspects of it work. it reminds me of a condo in an oceanfront city (like miami). they're placed on a very small lot.

I hate hate hate the random blue triangles shoved into the facade -- the design isn't carried around the building, and seems like a very cheap attempt to justify the name. Ugh.

I recently got into some of the unfinished units midway up the tower.

One cool thing: some of the kitchen backsplashes are actually windows. (The two thin horizontal panes of window that you see running up the tower act as backsplashes on the inside.)

One crappy thing: The views are really, really terrible. Looking into the Manulife, looking into Uptown, looking towards BSN and looking directly into that nasty brown apt building. I know I'm a view snob and apparently not everyone cares about views, but they really are bad. Only the south facing units above the brown apt building will have anything worth opening the curtains for.

I still really like how this tower looks as viewed from Hayden & Church.

it is nice to see the hoarding down around the site and the sidewalk freshly paved and things generally getting tidied up. Looking at DT's pic, I really hope they have plans to finish the columns on either side of the entry...

I recently got into some of the unfinished units midway up the tower.

One cool thing: some of the kitchen backsplashes are actually windows. (The two thin horizontal panes of window that you see running up the tower act as backsplashes on the inside.)

One crappy thing: The views are really, really terrible. Looking into the Manulife, looking into Uptown, looking towards BSN and looking directly into that nasty brown apt building. I know I'm a view snob and apparently not everyone cares about views, but they really are bad. Only the south facing units above the brown apt building will have anything worth opening the curtains for.

I still really like how this tower looks as viewed from Hayden & Church.

Mediocre building AND mediocre views, what a winner! Though, the backsplash windows sound like a brilliant idea. I definitely want some of those, if I ever move into a condo.

^And I want my bathroom/tub/shower to face outwards as well. Nothing sexier than the gf&i hanging out in front of the fireplace while in the tub snuggling with a nice view of the city as a bonus....:)

And I like kitchens with a view as well--imagine cooking dinner while staring out at the North Shore mountains?

Only if it's tinted from the outside, please.

And kitchen views are great. Somewhere along the line, builders decided that a window over the kitchen sink should be banned. If I'm washing dishes, I want something to distract me from the arduous task at hand. Though if I'm washing dishes, it probably means I've allowed my girlfriend to go out for the night.

One very unfortunate thing about this building is the garbage dump next door. Discarded furniture on the sidewalk and dumpsters strewn about the street is what greets residents and the smell in the summer is pretty offensive. That building is owned by U of T so maybe some loud screaming and yelling will get them to clean up their act.

cbdump.jpg

Back