News   Jul 03, 2024
 377     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 279     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

The Celestica building used to be IBM - so I guess that makes sense as to the grand scale of the interchange -
But was there ever any plan to divert Leslie Street through that underpass (ie the Leslie Street Extension connecting to Bayview?)

Last edited:
Anyone know the original proposal for the LRT connection at the airport, would it be underground, elevated or what?

It would have turned north onto Commerce, crossed the 401 on a new exclusive bridge, and continued in the median of Convair and Silver Dart. As far as I can tell there wasn't any planning done for the approach and station at the terminal building. On the cheap it could cross over to the south side of Silver Dart past the old Terminal 2 exit, and stop under the departures viaduct just short of the current bus stops at Terminal 1.

The Celestica building used to be IBM - so I guess that makes sense as to the grand scale of the interchange -
But was there ever any plan to divert Leslie Street through that underpass (ie the Leslie Street Extension connecting to Bayview?)

No, it was supposed to plow right through the ravine.

Questions: If Hudak wins

1) Will the Golden Mile portion be buried?
2) Will stops be eliminated after this is buried?

lol. But seriously. It will double the cost of the eastern portion.

1) He would like to do that, although he says he won't cancel any contracts if they happen to be finalized by the time he becomes premier
2) Absolutely. Remember the Ford Plan? As for the extra costs, well hahaha there's efficiencies, gravy train, unions, sell off all public assets!!

11457400404_7372b4818d_b.jpg

1) He would like to do that, although he says he won't cancel any contracts if they happen to be finalized by the time he becomes premier
2) Absolutely. Remember the Ford Plan? As for the extra costs, well hahaha there's efficiencies, gravy train, unions, sell off all public assets!!

11457400404_7372b4818d_b.jpg

I actually like this. No scarborough subway and no transfer. Probably costs a lot less too.

Assuming you mean it costs less than the scarborough subway then yes, although running LRTs almost entirely underground is absurdly stupid and unheard of. Also the SRT would not have been extended to Sheppard. I think it's good that this plan was killed.

Back