News   Aug 02, 2024
 2.4K     1 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 4.3K     3 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

My problem with the bins is that they are large, garish, made of the cheapest possible material, and installed without any regard to their surroundings and how they fit into an otherwise "natural" environment.
Maybe if this was the island or somewhere but nearly every park has "city noise" Just my feeling but if we had "beautiful" bins they'd either fall apart or we'd have significantly less, like when the city has pavers then just shoves asphault into a repair

1722357633944.png

My problem with the bins is that they are large, garish, made of the cheapest possible material, and installed without any regard to their surroundings and how they fit into an otherwise "natural" environment.
How do the bins that Metrolinx is using for the crosstown differ from the overly-expensive nice-looking bins that the city uses?

TTC drivers who have chosen to move over to the Crosstown (and Finch West) are beginning to get their training dates. This time, the scheduled starting dates for training are for mid-August and early September.

Dan
so is this an indicator of the start of the 3 month countdown? do they still need 3 months AFTER their training or can this be concurrrent?

so is this an indicator of the start of the 3 month countdown? do they still need 3 months AFTER their training or can this be concurrrent?
As I understand it, the countdown starts upon the issuance of substantial completion, followed by full operation of the line for at least 2 board periods. Because of how the TTC's board periods are set up, this may be longer than 3 months. I don't know the specifics of the contract, so I don't know if the training can be done concurrently with the project closeout, or if substantial completion must occur first.

Dan

As I understand it, the countdown starts upon the issuance of substantial completion, followed by full operation of the line for at least 2 board periods. Because of how the TTC's board periods are set up, this may be longer than 3 months. I don't know the specifics of the contract, so I don't know if the training can be done concurrently with the project closeout, or if substantial completion must occur first.

Dan
I'll get excited when I see the barricades/fences come down at the stairs and paved path into Sunnybrook park/ET Seaton (Leslie and Eg).

I wonder what that date was that Ford & co. didn't have faith in?
The question to me is whether they are still aiming for it or things have slipped again since then... I think it's looking safe to say that they absolutely are (or at least were until recently) targeting the end of this year.

As annoying as this situation is I don't think I can fault the political logic in 2023... This is an open government issue in the legal sense much more than a Doug Ford being Doug Ford issue.

I don't see how Ford taking away the pressure on Crosslinx of a committed opening date is unfaultable political logic.
How does that put pressure on Crosslinx? A couple of press stories about Metrolinx demanding arbitrary dates putting safety at risk and you’re back at square 1

Remember that we're not talking about Metrolinx imposing dates, the position has been that Metrolinx did not believe the substantial completion date being provided by Crosslinx. So we'd be moving to a position where Metrolinx has accepted Crosslinx's latest proposed date and informed TTC to gear up to start operating the line.

The companies that make up Crosslinx include Ellis Don & Aecon both of whom would suffer local reputational harm from committing to a date and then missing it again. I don't mention AtkinsRealis here because I think their local reputation in the transit area is already tarnished by being the lead contractor for both the Ottawa Line 1 and the Crosstown consortia.

Back