News   May 02, 2024
 782     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 232     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 308     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Are we still doing this? :p

But yes, the TTC realized during the Byford era that keeping washrooms (relatively) clean cost very little but go a long way towards increasing customer satisfaction.

I think a big problem is that there simply are not enough washrooms on the TTC. Even on the newer parts of the line. TYSSE, ECLRT and Finch West all have hardly any washrooms. This is easily one of the top 3 big issues with the TTC

I think a big problem is that there simply are not enough washrooms on the TTC. Even on the newer parts of the line. TYSSE, ECLRT and Finch West all have hardly any washrooms. This is easily one of the top 3 big issues with the TTC

Just tell an attendant you need to use the restroom and they'll let you back in at a station without washrooms. Maybe they could add better ones at Sheppard Yonge and one at Union, Pape, Osgoode, and Unilever, but other than that, we don't need one at every station.

Just tell an attendant you need to use the restroom and they'll let you back in at a station without washrooms. Maybe they could add better ones at Sheppard Yonge and one at Union, Pape, Osgoode, and Unilever, but other than that, we don't need one at every station.
As a parent of a young child I tend to disagree.

Yea that's some white privilege if you think they are going to let every customer access to the washroom if they ask.

Just took a drive along the surface portion of the Crosstown, and significant works are happening for the entirety of the route. In particular, I'd say that both the Brentcliffe and Don Mills portals are well over 50% complete at this point. At Don Mills specifically, it appears that there is a significant amount of ground-level permanent structure now complete.

This is apparently very common on pretty much all rapid transit systems.

I have to say, the new intersection configuration at Don Mills/Eglinton makes commuting a breeze! The elimination of left turns for north and southbound traffic means no more back ups!

You can take one of the best systems in the world like Hong Kong's and yet they lack washrooms. Their system is more than twice our size and with many more riders and there are barely any washrooms.

I drove the length of the surface section today. Here’s the dash cam footage, for those of us that haven’t seen the area recently

• Centre median removed through the entire project
  • Significant works happening at Kennedy, Ionview, Hakimi Lebovic, Pharmacy, O’Connor,
  • Bridge is being widened over the both the East and West Don Rivers
  • Most significantly, both the Brentcliffe and Don Mills portals look to be mostly complete. On the Don Mills portal, it looks like permanent structures have now been built on the surface, including concrete finishes.

The Eglinton LRT should be completely grade separated but short of that they should not have ANY traffic lights between stations which slows down the trains, reduces reliability, creates traffic problems, and lowers potential frequency increases. For major lighted street crossings that won`t have a station, they should build over/underpasses to keep the traffic moving. It might also be more politically palatable to Ford so he could claim that not only will it speed up the trains but cars as well.

Back