News   Jun 26, 2024
 448     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 452     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 553     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I drove the length of the surface section today. Here’s the dash cam footage, for those of us that haven’t seen the area recently

• Centre median removed through the entire project
  • Significant works happening at Kennedy, Ionview, Hakimi Lebovic, Pharmacy, O’Connor,
  • Bridge is being widened over the both the East and West Don Rivers
  • Most significantly, both the Brentcliffe and Don Mills portals look to be mostly complete. On the Don Mills portal, it looks like permanent structures have now been built on the surface, including concrete finishes.
It was pretty much like that last week when I drove by. A lot has happened in the last two months. On the west end, the bridge supports are going up over Black Creek.

The Eglinton LRT should be completely grade separated but short of that they should not have ANY traffic lights between stations which slows down the trains, reduces reliability, creates traffic problems, and lowers potential frequency increases. For major lighted street crossings that won`t have a station, they should build over/underpasses to keep the traffic moving. It might also be more politically palatable to Ford so he could claim that not only will it speed up the trains but cars as well.
I think most of us are tired of hearing this.

I drove the length of the surface section today. Here’s the dash cam footage, for those of us that haven’t seen the area recently

• Centre median removed through the entire project
  • Significant works happening at Kennedy, Ionview, Hakimi Lebovic, Pharmacy, O’Connor,
  • Bridge is being widened over the both the East and West Don Rivers
  • Most significantly, both the Brentcliffe and Don Mills portals look to be mostly complete. On the Don Mills portal, it looks like permanent structures have now been built on the surface, including concrete finishes.
I think your "West Don River" widening is actually at Cellestica (6 minute mark).

I'd rather the whole thing have been grade separated too but now as there's no chance of that, this will be a very interesting case study on the merits of at-grade LRT. Maybe it just might work! I guess Kitchener will be the first look at this kind of system we get.

You can take one of the best systems in the world like Hong Kong's and yet they lack washrooms. Their system is more than twice our size and with many more riders and there are barely any washrooms.

That is incorrect. I know Mong Kok, Admiralty, Kowloon and Q Bay each have one. About 1/3 of the stations that I have been to have washrooms

That is incorrect. I know Mong Kok, Admiralty, Kowloon and Q Bay each have one. About 1/3 of the stations that I have been to have washrooms
It's not a 1/3 for sure. Maybe 1/6 of the older stations have them. Most of the newly built stations have them but the older lines don't have them every 3 stations for sure.

51600-full.jpg
https://www.scpr.org/programs/take-...ervice-comes-to-the-subway-wi-fi-comes-to-la/

You can take one of the best systems in the world like Hong Kong's and yet they lack washrooms. Their system is more than twice our size and with many more riders and there are barely any washrooms.

It's not a 1/3 for sure. Maybe 1/6 of the older stations have them. Most of the newly built stations have them but the older lines don't have them every 3 stations for sure.

The TTC has 11 stations with washrooms over 75 stops. 14%. And most at terminal stations (or what were terminal stations) which are are relatively new.

MTR has 23 stations with washrooms over about 70 stations (excluding the KCR lines). 33%. And most at newer stations (similar to Toronto)

So when there is a comparison between Hong Kong and Toronto it is unfair to say that Toronto has barely any washrooms.

Lol, compared with subways in Europe and Asia, TTC can't be described as clean and modern...
Not entirely my experience. While east asia takes great pride in keeping stations clean, I find the TTC to be very similar to cleanliness if not better than some stations in London, Glasgow, Paris, Berlin, Vienna, Prague, Frankfurt, etc.

It's not like station cleanliness should be the greatest issue for the TTC anyways. As long as it doesn't smell like piss, you should be good. Cleanliness here is much better than in Montreal in that respect. the TTC has other issues to worry about.

Debatable, the trains themselves are typically fairly clean. I will agree stations can be hit or miss.

Not entirely my experience. While east asia takes great pride in keeping stations clean, I find the TTC to be very similar to cleanliness if not better than some stations in London, Glasgow, Paris, Berlin, Vienna, Prague, Frankfurt, etc.

It's not like station cleanliness should be the greatest issue for the TTC anyways. As long as it doesn't smell like piss, you should be good. Cleanliness here is much better than in Montreal in that respect. the TTC has other issues to worry about.
Yes east Asian is the best. I found TTC trains and stations OK in terms of cleanliness. The worst parts are around the entrances. I feel ashamed every time I see the floors covered with newspaper, cigarette butts, drink bottles etc.

So… let's rein this in and get back to Crosstown construction please!

Back