News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 465     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I am amazed that we have had 2 pages of discussion about this and nobody has blamed Bombardier yet or quoted the Simpsons monorail song.

What's happening to this forum?!

^I keep looking out my balcony at Yonge & Davisville trying to determine the source of some all hours noise. Nothing special going on in the ttc yard. I guess it is probably Dennis I am hearing?

Unknown to many, there's also another major tunneling operation in your vicinity (undergrounding of a hydro transmission line). But like Eglinton, this one would also be too far for you to hear anything. It's roughly at Shaftsbury, well south of St Clair, and obviously beyond earshot of Yonge/Davisville.

to0831-tunnel.jpg

*60-75m below ground, and about 3m in diameter. This is pretty sizable. More info: http://www.hydroone.com/Projects/Midtown/Documents/Midtown Panels for meeting.pdf

Unknown to many, there's also another major tunneling operation in your vicinity (undergrounding of a hydro transmission line). But like Eglinton, this one would also be too far for you to hear anything. It's roughly at Shaftsbury, well south of St Clair, and obviously beyond earshot of Yonge/Davisville.

to0831-tunnel.jpg

*60-75m below ground, and about 3m in diameter. This is pretty sizable. More info: http://www.hydroone.com/Projects/Midtown/Documents/Midtown Panels for meeting.pdf

Huh. I had no idea.

Wasn't the facade of House of Chan supposed to be preserved as part of the station? If so, is that now a lost opportunity thanks to the collapse?

Wasn't the facade of House of Chan supposed to be preserved as part of the station? If so, is that now a lost opportunity thanks to the collapse?
This is a lost opportunity?
chan.JPG

*Google Street View

Attachments

• chan.JPG
    chan.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 618
More bad news:

Screen shot 2016-04-19 at 9.22.56 PM.png

CgcsZitXEAIAa8u.jpg_large.jpg

Attachments

• CgcsZitXEAIAa8u.jpg_large.jpg
    CgcsZitXEAIAa8u.jpg_large.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 1,276
  • Screen shot 2016-04-19 at 9.22.56 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-04-19 at 9.22.56 PM.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,236
More bad news:

Why is this bad news?

As mentioned in the statement, the building was set to come down anyway. Work along the rest of the Crosstown route is continuing, and it looks like they may be ahead of schedule here too now thanks to the forced demolition of this other property over night.

Last edited:

Back