News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

From link.

house-of-chanjpg.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

building-collapsemap-0.jpg

I didn't know House of Chan was pushed out for this project. I love that old school Canadian-Chinese cuisine and atmosphere - did they re-locate?

I didn't know House of Chan was pushed out for this project. I love that old school Canadian-Chinese cuisine and atmosphere - did they re-locate?
Yea they moved east on Eglinton, between Chaplin and Avenue Rd.

Just like the SmartPhone apps. They don't show that the bus stops near the collapse (or construction) has been bypassed due to it. They should at least red flag the stop with a link to a service alert.

From the TTC Service Alert website, at this link:

32 Eglinton West diverting both ways via Marlee, Glencairn, Bathurst due to a scaffolding collapse at Bathurst and Eglinton.
Last updated 2:37 PM

UPDATE: 33 Forest Hill diverting southbound via Castlefield, Chaplin, Eglinton due to a scaffolding collapse at Eglinton and Bathurst.
Last updated 3:42 PM

32D Eglinton West diverting westbound via Jane, Weston due to construction at Jane and Emmett.
Last updated 3:43 PM
Not on a transit app on a SmartPhone. You get to a bus stop near the collapse or construction, it will just say the bus will come in 5 minutes. 5 minutes, nothing. Should say at least to go a couple blocks in a direction to get to the nearest serviceable stop. Not even a handwritten sign on the bus stop.

Last edited:
Just like the SmartPhone apps. They don't show that the bus stops near the collapse (or construction) has been bypassed due to it. They should at least red flag the stop with a link to a service alert.

From the TTC Service Alert website, at this link:

32 Eglinton West diverting both ways via Marlee, Glencairn, Bathurst due to a scaffolding collapse at Bathurst and Eglinton.
Last updated 2:37 PM

UPDATE: 33 Forest Hill diverting southbound via Castlefield, Chaplin, Eglinton due to a scaffolding collapse at Eglinton and Bathurst.
Last updated 3:42 PM

32D Eglinton West diverting westbound via Jane, Weston due to construction at Jane and Emmett.
Last updated 3:43 PM
Not on a transit app on a SmartPhone. You get to a bus stop near the collapse or construction, it will just say the bus will come in 5 minutes. 5 minutes, nothing. Should say at least to go a couple blocks in a direction to get to the nearest serviceable stop. Not even a handwritten sign on the bus stop.

I've used, I think, 4 different transit apps on my iPhone for the TTC in the course of living in the city, and I believe all of them had an "alerts/service notices" section. I was in the habit of checking it regularly. In fact, the one I liked the most/used most recently, TTCWatch, lets you enter route numbers and sends you push notification alerts (which my phone also sends to my watch) whenever there's a notice for that route, without even having to open the app/check the alerts yourself. I always found that sufficient in the event of issues (having lived along the 509, with all of the motorists slamming into them on Queen's Quay all the time, those notifications greatly aided me quite frequently).

They were doing demolition at the rear end of the building, and it looks like a bulldozer (or wherever it's called) pushed over the front of the building.
Boy, they have just begun construction of the stations and already accidents. Hopefully none like the Spadina extension accidents or delays

Last updated 3:42 PM​

It's unclear to me why would the Forest Hill bus be affected by the collapse. It doesn't go on Eglinton west of Bathurst.

And now Ministry The Ministry of Labour has halted the construction of the stations along theentire Crosstown.. Well already similarity to Spadina extension in terms of that construction being halted I think more than once.. Guess we will see what the investigations uncover at the demolition of the building for the Bathurst LRT station

Back