News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Why is this bad news?

As mentioned in the statement, the building was set to come down anyway. Work along the rest of the Crosstown route is continuing, and it looks like they may be ahead of schedule here too now thanks to the forced demolition of this other property over night.

To me the tweet sounded as if the adjacent building was not supposed to be demolished. I should have read the complete statement instead of skimming over most of the details, but I was on my mobile device at the time. My bad.

^its more of a hybrid regional rail system. Probably more similarities to GO RER than the crosstown. Very high frequencies, but it uses existing rail corridors. essentially GO RER on steroids, but over a shorter distance. Station spacing is also much higher, 24 stations over 64km.

What are your guys thoughts on the new Automated Lrt Proposal for Montreal? 63 km of rail!!
It's Montreal's version of SmartTrack. It has the word "fail" written all over. 2020 sounds very BS too. They say they'll use dedicated (new) tracks. Good luck to them. Hats off if they pull it off.

PS: if they are buying trains from BBD, make it 2030!

The construction timetable of 3 years appears to be extremely aggressive.

I can see Tory getting on the phone to OTPP and HOOPP to try to arm-wrestle them into a similar deal.

It's Montreal's version of SmartTrack. It has the word "fail" written all over. 2020 sounds very BS too. They say they'll use dedicated (new) tracks. Good luck to them. Hats off if they pull it off.

PS: if they are buying trains from BBD, make it 2030!

Except instead of using commuter-like trains or heavy rail, it would be using light-rail or more accurately tram-trains.

looks like a streetcar to me, the news ones anyays

In the downtown, they shared the same tracks as the trams (streetcars). That's the lighter coloured vehicles.

BTW.
At the next Metrolinx-TTC meeting on Wednesday, April 27th, they'll be an LRT update on both Eglinton and Finch West. See link.

Back