News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Huge milestone imminent. Dennis has crossed Duplex and the western tunnel endpoint has been added to the map:

finaldestination.JPG

Attachments

• finaldestination.JPG
    finaldestination.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 413
Just got a chance to read the presentation for the update tomorrow. I dont quite understand their tunneling scheduling. Why is it going to take until Feb to finish the last 500m of the western tunnel when it took the same time to bore through 3X the distance? Same for the east. Feb 2018 just to tunnel 1.5km???!! The logic doesnt seem right.....

Just got a chance to read the presentation for the update tomorrow. I dont quite understand their tunneling scheduling. Why is it going to take until Feb to finish the last 500m of the western tunnel when it took the same time to bore through 3X the distance? Same for the east. Feb 2018 just to tunnel 1.5km???!! The logic doesnt seem right.....

Huh? There are at most 30 metres left to bore for the west tunnels, and around 1.5 km for the east tunnels, so I'm not sure where the 500 figure comes from. As to why it could take until February? Could be the demolition of the abandoned bus terminal and the digging of an extraction shaft. I don't think either of those two tasks have started yet.

Huh? There are at most 30 metres left to bore for the west tunnels, and around 1.5 km for the east tunnels, so I'm not sure where the 500 figure comes from. As to why it could take until February? Could be the demolition of the abandoned bus terminal and the digging of an extraction shaft. I don't think either of those two tasks have started yet.

http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Com.../Reports/Item_6_Light_Rail_Transit_Update.pdf

"More than 6 km complete. Scheduled completion date is February 2017." So this report is out of date...

Wait....they havnt started demoing yet? They announced themselves that demoing was supposed to have started last month...shouldnt take that long to take down several flimsy old shelters.....shouldve at least started tearing out the underground portion by now

Even still....shouldnt take over 1.5years to get the eastern tunnel in... it didnt even take that long to get from Allen to Yonge....If theyre holding it to finish the extraction shaft they really botched the construction scheduling...

Wait....they havnt started demoing yet? They announced themselves that demoing was supposed to have started last month
They may have started, I haven't walked by for a few weeks. I may just go up to the top of the Yonge and Eg retail addition to snap some photos in the morning

The drive from Allen to Duplex has gone extremely well, with no major unplanned stoppages. It shouldn't be a concern if it takes time to complete the extraction. Overall, they are likely well within schedule.

You can be sure that the schedule is very conservative, partly so there is very low probability of any bad news, and partly so the contractor has every opportunity to declare an on-time completion and avoid penalties.

Being early is a good problem to have.

- Paul

The west tunnel was scheduled for completion in January 2017, so we're
They may have started, I haven't walked by for a few weeks. I may just go up to the top of the Yonge and Eg retail addition to snap some photos in the morning

I walked by last week and hadn't noticed anything. Mind that I wasn't explicitly looking for construction, but you'd think demolition was something I'd notice.

The drive from Allen to Duplex has gone extremely well, with no major unplanned stoppages. It shouldn't be a concern if it takes time to complete the extraction. Overall, they are likely well within schedule.

You can be sure that the schedule is very conservative, partly so there is very low probability of any bad news, and partly so the contractor has every opportunity to declare an on-time completion and avoid penalties.

Being early is a good problem to have.

- Paul

The west tunnel was scheduled for completion in Jan 2017. So depending on how quickly they can dig the extraction shaft, we could be several months ahead of schedule. I wonder if that means they might be able to bump the start of track work installation from Mar 2017 to sometime in 2016.

Back