News   Sep 13, 2024
 2.3K     0 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 2.7K     4 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 724     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I just tweeted Preto and crosstown to see what they have planed right now. I twitted them before asking about WiFi and they said that all satins and stop will have it
If would be interesting to fine out now. I wonder who would do the fare inspection, TTC or Metrolinx.

Was at the Richview Collegiate presentation today. Noticed a few comments that subways, subways, subways is better that light rail. Put on my own comment that light rail is less expensive with more stops for the neighbourhoods it goes through.
This is Ford Nation HQ where common sense isnt really a thought around there. Someone should try telling these same people that if it wasnt for their beloved former mayor, their would've been an easy alternative alignment on the table.

Inching closer to Avenue:
nearingavenue.JPG

Attachments

• nearingavenue.JPG
    nearingavenue.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 699
This is Ford Nation HQ where common sense isnt really a thought around there. Someone should try telling these same people that if it wasnt for their beloved former mayor, their would've been an easy alternative alignment on the table.
Anybody who owns a house between Royal York and Kipling is upper upper middle class if not rich. They dont care about transit because they never intend on using it. The same problem is found between Eglinton West and Laird where most people at the meetings complained simply because they did not want transit or were so old that by the time transit came in their area it wouldnt matter to their property values because they would be dead.

They dont care about transit because they never intend on using it.

At last weekend's public meeting, somebody tried to make this point by asking for a show of hands "How many of you intend to use this if they build it?"

An impressive number of hands shot up. It kinda shut him down on that point.

The more balanced way of saying it might be - these folks have no intention of giving up their cars, so road quality matters to them (most). It's also true that they have very poor understanding of what is being proposed. But I wonder why that's news to City staff. It wouldn't hurt for their slide deck to have one or two slides about why LRT might be different than people think.

- Paul

The same problem is found between Eglinton West and Laird where most people at the meetings complained simply because they did not want transit or were so old that by the time transit came in their area it wouldnt matter to their property values because they would be dead.
You see both sides of this coin. An equal number of old ladies attending these kind of meetings then complain about lack of frequency of their bus going through Forest Hill or South Leaside.

They dont care about transit because they never intend on using it.
Just from personal experience -I commuted to and from this area for a daily basis for many years- many people around this area really don't use transit and rely on their cars. They would primarily care about how this would affect their commute, and how this would change the aesthetic feel of the neighborhood. The level of NIMBYism here would probably make the St.Clair ROW debate seem like a joke.

The funny thing is; with how most of the intersections along this stretch of Eglinton are designed, things wouldnt be changed as dramatically as these people think. The one thing I will say with the stop spacing so far is that there are 2 stops that really dont need to be built regardless of the spacing that is chosen: Wincott, and Llyod Manor.

At last weekend's public meeting, somebody tried to make this point by asking for a show of hands "How many of you intend to use this if they build it?"

An impressive number of hands shot up. It kinda shut him down on that point.

The more balanced way of saying it might be - these folks have no intention of giving up their cars, so road quality matters to them (most). It's also true that they have very poor understanding of what is being proposed. But I wonder why that's news to City staff. It wouldn't hurt for their slide deck to have one or two slides about why LRT might be different than people think.

- Paul
Saying you are going to use transit and using transit are different things. We all know people who bought houses in rural 905 who claim to be open to taking transit as well (if its built to their door step)

I'm pretty sure sixrings is talking about the Eglinton corridor, not Dixon Rd.
Dixon is the east-west north of Eglinton. It's not that far of a walk.

Windsor road is north of dixon. We are talking about houses on Eglinton here. No need to be a literalist.
It's not that far north. It might be a bit more middle class further south, but it's not that different. And if you wan to be literalist - there are no houses on Eglinton.

Dixon is the east-west north of Eglinton. It's not that far of a walk.

It's not that far north. It might be a bit more middle class further south, but it's not that different. And if you wan to be literalist - there are no houses on Eglinton.

It's 2 km north of Eglinton. Not exactly a short walk, nor is it relevant to this discussion.

Back