News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 377     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

so what was their problem for not doing that? That's why I see these community meetings for transit pointless. Trying to make residents feel as if they are contributing somehow but then do what they want to do for their own reasons. Just look at a simple thing like the naming of the Crosstown stations. They named them what they wanted to not taking into account the naming conventions of the TTC (using cross street). Simple job, but they had to hire consultants and made it seem like the process to assign names was so complicated only consultants could; get it right (not).
They spent too much time trying to get the tunnel extended that they miss out the opportunity of proposed a south side alignment. Now they got the LRT tracks in the middle of the road affecting the left turn lanes at Leslie/Eglinton. That is a particularly busy intersection. Giving too much time for the left turn signal would affect the LRT operations. Too much transit priority would cause cars to backup a whole kilometre. Since there is hardly any side streets between Brentcliffe and Don Mills, it would be much better to have it on the south side. This is something Metrolinx should been aware of.

Changes to TTC Bus Routes in Eglinton Corridor for Line 5 Rapid Transit Line

This report is available at this link.

Proposed bus routes connecting with Line 5.jpg

Proposed routes. Meaning, subject to change.

Also, with extensions to Line 5, the routes to both west and east terminating stations would change. Also, any new rapid transit routes would also make changes whenever they show up.

Attachments

• Proposed bus routes connecting with Line 5.jpg
    Proposed bus routes connecting with Line 5.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 1,199
The 54 bus terminating at Don Mills station is a surprise. I would have thought it would go to Laird where the trains short-turn.

It also means that the people between Leslie and Don Mills on Lawrence who today are used to 5 minute service, will be getting none at all.

Reactions: rbt
Changes to TTC Bus Routes in Eglinton Corridor for Line 5 Rapid Transit Line

This report is available at this link.

View attachment 67420

Proposed routes. Meaning, subject to change.

Also, with extensions to Line 5, the routes to both west and east terminating stations would change. Also, any new rapid transit routes would also make changes whenever they show up.

I still can't believe this thing is being built. I'm too excited.

The 54 bus terminating at Don Mills station is a surprise.
Scratched my head for a minute there - you mean Science Centre station. I thought we'd seen that in the consultation previously. As far as I know there's a bus terminal at Science Centre station but not at Laird station.

I would have thought it would go to Laird where the trains short-turn.
Has that been confirmed - I thought that was just a fan theory.

It also means that the people between Leslie and Don Mills on Lawrence who today are used to 5 minute service, will be getting none at all.
I don't believe there's any plans to change service on the 162 Lawrence-Donway that runs on Lawrence between Leslie and Donway.

The 54 bus terminating at Don Mills station is a surprise. I would have thought it would go to Laird where the trains short-turn.

The short-turning of half the trains at Laird - not Don Mills - will soon be regretted. All for a few dozen people that wanted a stop at Leslie Street.

162Donway.png

Well the 162 route is going to have to become a lot more frequent.

Luckily we won't be suffering from a shortage of buses post-Crosstown.

Checking the route, how frequent can service be through the Bridle Path?

Attachments

• 162Donway.png
    162Donway.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 433
Why? 2 of the stops will be a 1-stop walk to Leslie or Don Mills, where quick ride to Eglinton line. The 3rd is relatively low density - the service should suffice.
162Donway2.png

We are talking about 30 minute frequencies. If I was a local resident I would not be happy with this change. :p

At least doubling the number of buses to 4 would do wonders for frequency.

Attachments

• 162Donway2.png
    162Donway2.png
    11 KB · Views: 688

Back