News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

sQUOTE="W. K. Lis, post: 1084811, member: 1057"]I'm guessing the powers-that-be are undergoing discussions on whether or not MiWay buses would run express to the Mt. Dennis Transit Hub... or not.

I would have expected to see some buses (whatever number and name they'll use) would use Black Creek Drive to get to Mt. Dennis, from Pearson Airport. They should add a HOV lane to Black Creek Drive (and maybe Highway 400 from Steeles Avenue) first though. The traffic congestion on Black Creek Drive can be terrible at some hours.

Would like to see an Albion Road bus run express from Weston Road & 401, down Black Creek Drive to the Mt. Dennis Transit Hub. Again, a HOV lane would be needed, this time on Highway 401 as well.[/QUOTE]
Boy, I have seen posts about the Jane LRT using Black Creek until Maple Leaf and now Black Creek to run express buses. I can only imagine the uproar on where will cars go on Black Creek. Not sure north of Lawrence but I know that south, its 2 lanes. I can imagine how busyWeston will be with all these buses at that station

Last edited:
MiWay buses can go the the Renforth station and then hop on the grade-separated ECLRT line. Why put all those buses onto Eglinton?...

The transit hub at Mt. Dennis includes bus bays that will be temporary. That is temporary until the Crosstown West is constructed. Plans are to build Crosstown West after the center portion (Mt. Dennis to Kennedy) is completed and open. Once Crosstown West is completed, the temporary bus bays will be out of use and the land made available for other uses.

Boy, I have seen posts about the Jane LRT using Black Creek until Maple Leaf and now Black Creek to run express buses. I can only imagine the uproar on where will cars go.

There is room to add another lane along Black Creek Drive, preferably high-occupancy-lane for buses and taxis.

The really exciting part will be how the opening day itinerary will be: begin with a ride on the K-W LRT, then catch the Kitchener GO, get off at Mount Dennis to Guildwood on ECLRT (east included), and then VIA to Ottawa to ride the Ottawa LRT.

Did I ever expect to see all that in my lifetime?

- Paul

Nope.

Opening day of Yonge:
CBWLzmGUUAAqsPi.jpg

and Sheppard:
subway-5119-05.jpg

I wonder how many will come out for the Eglinton Line opening.

The really exciting part will be how the opening day itinerary will be: begin with a ride on the K-W LRT, then catch the Kitchener GO, get off at Mount Dennis to Guildwood on ECLRT (east included), and then VIA to Ottawa to ride the Ottawa LRT.

Did I ever expect to see all that in my lifetime?

- Paul
too bad you could not add high speed K-W to your journey

The transit hub at Mt. Dennis includes bus bays that will be temporary. That is temporary until the Crosstown West is constructed. Plans are to build Crosstown West after the center portion (Mt. Dennis to Kennedy) is completed and open. Once Crosstown West is completed, the temporary bus bays will be out of use and the land made available for other uses.
and then where will the buses go?

and then where will the buses go?

I believe some are temporary, while some are permanent. It's basically to avoid a Warden type of scenario, where once the line is extended the massive amount of bus bay infrastructure isn't needed anymore. Ottawa is doing something very similar with the western terminus of the Confederation Line at Tunney's Pasture. The line will be extended west almost immediately after opening (construction on Phase II is proposed to start around the time Phase I is wrapping up), but the transfer facility still needs to exist until the extension is opened. Once the extension is open, a large part of the bus loop complex will be torn down and replaced with a public square I believe.

I believe some are temporary, while some are permanent. It's basically to avoid a Warden type of scenario, where once the line is extended the massive amount of bus bay infrastructure isn't needed anymore. Ottawa is doing something very similar with the western terminus of the Confederation Line at Tunney's Pasture. The line will be extended west almost immediately after opening (construction on Phase II is proposed to start around the time Phase I is wrapping up), but the transfer facility still needs to exist until the extension is opened. Once the extension is open, a large part of the bus loop complex will be torn down and replaced with a public square I believe.
but will you still need room for a few buses like 161, 168, 71 (Weston, Rogers) and not sure what the other bus is for. Makes sense the bay is temporary until extension. I had never thought about that. Will make Mt Dennis residents happy

Warden is still very busy. It's not a mistake to build it that many bus platforms. For Islington, Miway occupied the excess platforms. Wilson is the station with the extra terminal. Now they just use it as storage. I don't think it's consider wasted.

Mt Dennis would need that many bus bays anyways. As demand grows, many bus terminals like Kipling, Kennedy, Finch, STC, Lawrence West, Eglinton West and York Mills have became very crowded in rush hour. Even if the LRT was extended, only the 27, 32, 35, 170 and 195 bus bays will be freed. That assumes that a new bus terminal is built at Jane.

Even for the Spadina line extension, many buses will continue to operate to Downsview (Sheppard West) instead of the new Downsview Park.

Last edited:

Back