News   Jul 12, 2024
 890     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 801     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 332     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Guaranteed I will still hate Black Creek Pioneer Village Station

Oh so would I, but in the grand scheme of things it's a non-issue to the public at large. Quite frankly even then I'd rather spend on energy on scrutinizing their project schedule than on what to call the stations (note Spadina extension).

AoD

Guaranteed I will still hate Black Creek Pioneer Village Station
It's just called Pioneer Village station. Which when you think about it, isn't in itself a bad description of the northern part of York campus where it is located ... :troll:

So CBC reported on the radio today about the first of 4 working sessions between Metrolinx and the accessible community on this project.
One woman was very vocal against the fact that its half underground citing fears of being trapped in an emergency and claustrophobia....
First of all....classic example of one of the main causes for these projects being stretched for years over what it should take and second....isnt it
a little late to be discussing about this....??? o_O

90% of discussion, especially on this forum, happens years too late to affect anything.

Also any possibility or decision will have a vocal group of people opposed to it no matter what.

So CBC reported on the radio today about the first of 4 working sessions between Metrolinx and the accessible community on this project.
One woman was very vocal against the fact that its half underground citing fears of being trapped in an emergency and claustrophobia....
First of all....classic example of one of the main causes for these projects being stretched for years over what it should take and second....isnt it

The next day a man comes in and gets vocal about how half the stations are on/above ground, sic agoraphobia. What do you do, what do you do?? ;)

And just be glad the lady didn't suggest having open air vehicles to alleviate her conditions.

AoD

Crowds spoken boys! that's it, shut 'er down, fill 'er back in!

Just imagine if this project stretched to Mississauga's office district on Eglinton. We would probably have a station called "Mississauga Corporate Office Centre @ Toronto Airport" with Metrolinx' logic.

If it hasn't been posted, here is a map of Line 5 with the new station/stop names. I'm glad the "& Eglinton" idea died a quick death.
uk3cUKl.png

Back