News   May 29, 2024
 44     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.8K     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Really disliking these Metrolinx names. As if Pioneer Village and Vaughan Metropolitan Centre weren't bad enough. Ugh

Station naming round two! From Metrolinx Engage:

This is crazy, Silverthorne is now called Keelsdate? When was it ever called Silverthorne in the first place? I sure do not remember the Keelsdale name being at the top of the poll results. At least it has the name Keele in it. I knew there was a reason why the percentages did not add up to 100% in the polls for the different station names.. So that Metrolinx could pad the names they wanted

Last edited:
They should abolish the VP and Pharmacy stops and put one in the middle and call it Eglinton Town Centre. It would also make for one less stop.

They should abolish the VP and Pharmacy stops and put one in the middle and call it Eglinton Town Centre. It would also make for one less stop.

Yes, it's not like the 67 Pharmacy bus route couldn't divert to a station at Eglinton Square where also meeting the 24 Victoria Park and 70 O'Connor could become a major terminal. Eglinton Town Centre is actually at Lebovic.

Also don't know why I was criticized for suggesting that the Bayview stop be named Sunnybrook? It would be the closest rapid transit station to the hospital afterall and many other better name options are available for the Leslie stop such as "Seton Park" or "Wilket Creek". I've always considered Bayview-Eglinton as part of the Sunnybrook neighbourhood. Leaside centre will always be Laird.

How Metrolinx is coming up with these bizarre name choices is beyond me. Aga Khan? Ferrand is an original name, not that that stop is even needed being so proximal to Don Mills.

Some preliminary results of the station name consultation:

Sunnybrook Park (Leslie St)
Screen shot 2015-10-20 at 11.15.02 AM.png

Looks like we have a winner here.

Wexford
Screen shot 2015-10-20 at 11.15.15 AM.png

This one is pretty unpopular. A lot of commenters point out that this stop is not actually in Wexford. Some suggested that "Eglinton Square" would be a better name.

Golden Mile
Screen shot 2015-10-20 at 11.15.27 AM.png

This one has mixed results. Many commenters believe that other stops such as Pharmacy or Lebovic would be more appropriate for the name "Golden Mile", but not many alternative names were suggested for Warden. This proposed name is likely to survive.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-10-20 at 11.15.02 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-10-20 at 11.15.02 AM.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 402
  • Screen shot 2015-10-20 at 11.15.15 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-10-20 at 11.15.15 AM.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 399
  • Screen shot 2015-10-20 at 11.15.27 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-10-20 at 11.15.27 AM.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 390
So CBC reported on the radio today about the first of 4 working sessions between Metrolinx and the accessible community on this project.
One woman was very vocal against the fact that its half underground citing fears of being trapped in an emergency and claustrophobia....
First of all....classic example of one of the main causes for these projects being stretched for years over what it should take and second....isnt it
a little late to be discussing about this....??? o_O

Back