News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 414     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

It time for some of the Project Management team as well the construction department to start looking fora new job as they did a piss poor job today trying to provide information to simple question asked by the Commission.

At the same time, the Commission Thumb their nose at not only the residents of Mount Dennis, but other areas along the line.

I find it laughable that the Young Subway was built in a narrow face to face than Eglinton and Weston Rd distance, yet TTC cannot do it today.

It time for some of the Project Management team as well the construction department to start looking fora new job as they did a piss poor job today trying to provide information to simple question asked by the Commission.

At the same time, the Commission Thumb their nose at not only the residents of Mount Dennis, but other areas along the line.

I find it laughable that the Young Subway was built in a narrow face to face than Eglinton and Weston Rd distance, yet TTC cannot do it today.

Not to be argumentative but didn't the TTC expropriate a TON of properties along Yonge?

Here's a thought, grade separate the Eglinton Crosstown LRT as much as possible! If its costing us $4.6 billion anyway to build something whose end result will resemble 512 St Clair service level (which cost $100 million to makeover something labelled as true "rapid transit" and is the prototypal Transit City model, btw); then making the lives of your regular customer base residing immediately beside the line simpler is not such an outrageous request. Take out the ridiculous sidewinding ACC-Convair-Silver Dart section of the ROW with a population of zero and the money will present itself to be utilized wisely in manners such as switching from road median layout to side of roadway layout through the Golden Mile and Richview. That's how you attract new ridership and real estate investment onto your priority transit corridors NOT putting the bus service on rails and create maddening 5-point left-turns for motorists on one of Toronto's few crosstown arterials i.e. major car-use artery i.e. puts pedestrians at risk to cross into road median ROW particularly at night or in low visibility.

I hope TTC and Mount Dennis can reach a good compromise.

Not going to happen as TTC is over budget and needs to do cost cutting.

Then one hand doesn't know what the other is doing on this project.

The tunnel is the right thing to do and one place I support it underground.

How many ppl will have to be injury or kill before the opp's!! we made the wrong dissension here.?

TTC not interested in looking at putting the carhouse underground with development on top of it to off set the extra cost.

I hope ppl think real hard who they going to vote back into office this fall as a fair number of the current members need to go.

This is the latest in poor choices by various new commissioners who are turning out to be poor choices to be there in the first place.

Last edited:
Here's a thought. Why are the modified left turns required from cross streets onto Eglinton? For example from Northbound street x to Westbound Eglinton, or Southbound to Eastbound Eglinton. I understand the need for left turns from Eglington for light signalling, and road lane capacity issues. However you can still have a dedicated left turn lane in one of the cross streets.

If traffic circles could be used at the busy intersections of the above-ground sections, with the LRT running through them using controlled traffic lights, that would help with the left and right turns. However, the traffic department seems to have not even looked at that because they consider through traffic as a high priority. Traffic circles would slow down the traffic, and we can't have that, so it seems.

untitled-01.jpg

I like this Idea for all the western stops after and including Black creek.. JANE, ISLINGTON, KIPLING

I agree it may be fear mongering but the residents do have a good point. IT SHOULD BE UNDERGROUND.... The rest of the city should want it underground as well.. The faster it gets to the airport should be good for everyone...

God, it really is annoying when people view Eglinton as a regional line to the airport. That is what Blue 22/Pearson Air rail link is for. LRT is meant to serve neighbourhoods, NOT to carry you on an express trip across the city.

God, it really is annoying when people view Eglinton as a regional line to the airport. That is what Blue 22/Pearson Air rail link is for. LRT is meant to serve neighbourhoods, NOT to carry you on an express trip across the city.

Well I agree it is suppose to save the neighbourhood... But west of jane there isnt much of a neighbourhood. Its three lane roads... So I would say that I agree that it should be used to help revitalize the area east of Duffern which has gone down hill... its purpose west of Jane should also include speed since there isnt much there to begin with....

In regards to Blue 22.. that might be great for business travellers going straight downtown whom also have the 15-20$ it costs per trip to spend. But most people wont want to spend that type of money plus theres a huge number of people whom arent travelling downtown...

Maybe you shouldnt get annoyed so easily.

Received in the (snail) mail today, 2010/03/09, a Notice of Completion of Environmental Project Report for the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit. It reads, in part:
The City of Toronto and the Toronto Transit Commision have completed an Environmental Project Report...
The Environmental Project Report for the Eglinton Crosstown LRT will be made available for a 30-day review period beginning March 12, 2010...
The Transit City website for Eglinton has not been updated at this time (17:21). Hopefully, it will be updated by March 12th.

Last edited:
agreed,, plus eglinton west must have some serious demand if they had the idea more then ten years ago to build a subway here. If at that time we needed a subway then how is it possible that now we need less service.. It just doesnt make much sense.. East of Don Mills though I can agree that there isnt as much demand

You are getting much, much more today with Eglinton LRT than with the unfunded subway proposal from ten years ago.

Here's the study:
http://transit.toronto.on.ca/archives/reports/rtes2002.pdf

The proposal was for a 4-station stubway with these stops:
- Black Creek Drive
- Keele
- Dufferin
- Eglinton West

The projected demand levels were pretty sad.

Let me list the report's subway proposals in terms of Capital Cost per New Rider Ratio
BEST
50 Yonge to Clarke
70 Spadina to VCC
70 Yonge to Steeles
80 Yonge to Highway 7
80 Sheppard to Victoria Park
90 SRT to Sheppard
140 Sheppard to Kennedy
145 Sheppard to STC
170 Sheppard to Agincourt
235 Eglinton from Eglinton West to Black Creek
235 Bloor to Dixie GO
810 Bloor to Sherway
WORST

Considering how much longer the underground section of the LRT is compared to the 2002 Eglinton subway proposal, I don't think it's a good idea to revive the latter.

You are getting much, much more today with Eglinton LRT than with the unfunded subway proposal from ten years ago.

Here's the study:

- Black Creek Drive
- Keele
- Dufferin
- Eglinton West

Let me list the report's subway proposals in terms of Capital Cost per New Rider Ratio
BEST
50 Yonge to Clarke
70 Spadina to VCC
70 Yonge to Steeles
80 Yonge to Highway 7
80 Sheppard to Victoria Park
90 SRT to Sheppard
140 Sheppard to Kennedy
145 Sheppard to STC
170 Sheppard to Agincourt
235 Eglinton from Eglinton West to Black Creek
235 Bloor to Dixie GO
810 Bloor to Sherway
WORST

Considering how much longer the underground section of the LRT is compared to the 2002 Eglinton subway proposal, I don't think it's a good idea to revive the latter.

I think the idea is that if we just built the tunnelled portion as subway (since it's being designed for future conversion anyway) rather than running LRT on it.

That said, if Transit City uses standard gauge as has been stated, the Eglinton line would be incompatible with our current subway rolling stock. Although then we could buy off-the-shelf subways.

Here's the study:

- Black Creek Drive
- Keele
- Dufferin
- Eglinton West

Imagine if the Eglinton subway was built instead of the Sheppard line? I highly doubt the Eglinton subway would be extended in both directions at the same time as the costs would be insane.... I would imagine in the 9 billion, maybe 10 billion range for the subway extended to PIA in the west and Kennedy in the east. I know some of you who are pro subway will hate me for saying this, but not building the Eglinton subway years ago has been a blessing in disguise. Why? Because at least now, Eglinton Ave from Kennedy to PIA will have seamless transit. I'd take that over the subway any day of the week.

If the Sheppard subway was never built we'd probably have seen a proposal for a Sheppard LRT line spanning from Downsview to Meadowvale.

Back