News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 539     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Den, I'm fine with a station at Brimley, but it simply isn't in the plans.
What plans? They have said that station locations would be finalized during the EA. The EA hasn't been done yet. They would start creating plans and specifications until after the EA is complete.

I think after they conduct the EA they will see a need to put a station at Brimley and Eglinton due to the distance between the station at Kennedy and Lawrence and McCowan is too much (4.3 km). I don't think there is such a great distance between any two stations on the TTC subway system. This will shoot up the costs. What will happen then?

That can lead to a self-defeating argument: we must add Brimley station, but because this station drives the cost up, we will abandon the whole subway plan. Then, Brimley station cannot be built as there is no subway there.

I think that Brimley station should be added, but doubt that it will break the subway plan. If they can't fund it, they will not built it (perhaps will rough it in).

I think everyone prefers the City's route. What Murray proposed was so horrible that I actually thought it was designed to dissuade people from supporting the subway.

Metrolinx prefers the Murray route.
Metrolinx is a completely non-political Agency.
Metrolinx has a plan to spend the next $50B of transit revenue that will be generated in the province.

I say that anyone who cares about transit should support the Province (Murray) route because those experts who we have put all our trust in say that it is the optimal route.

:D

A Brimley station makes sense if you're looking at the BD line in isolation and it would be totally awesome if you happened to live there. But rather then spending that money on an underground station, it could be spent on extending the Eglinton LRT further east. With surface stops at Midland, Falmouth, Danforth and beyond, this would give more effective transit to the whole corridor rather than a single point.

A Brimley station makes sense if you're looking at the BD line in isolation and it would be totally awesome if you happened to live there. But rather then spending that money on an underground station, it could be spent on extending the Eglinton LRT further east. With surface stops at Midland, Falmouth, Danforth and beyond, this would give more effective transit to the whole corridor rather than a single point.

I prefer that actually. But as of right now the SMLRT is dead. Sadly too.

Last edited:

This.

Not only is a station at Brimley-Eglinton justifiable, it'd offer a better transfer interchange (like at St George) between the subway and the Crosstown LRT line than at Kennedy; with the possibility of a Midland LRT station included.

I thought this forum was the Eglinton Crosstown. Why is there discussion on the scarborough LRT / subway?

I thought this forum was the Eglinton Crosstown. Why is there discussion on the scarborough LRT / subway?

Any thread dedicated to transit inevitably becomes a crayon contest of who can draw the best transit plan. Sooner or later the Sheppard subway will come up too.

This seems to happen in a lot of threads.

The problem is that when these were first set up, the Transit City plan had each line as a separate entity. Each line was independent, a transfer is needed between each line, and each line does not really work together as a network.

The reality is that all the lines should be interconnected. The way to serve Malvern is either a separate SRT with a transfer to the B-D subway, or with a bus to an extended B-D subway to Sheppard, or a connected SRT/Eglinton line.

Back