News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 737     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I don't think there should be a stop at Leslie at all. The area is mostly parkland and the business on the corner is an auto dealership. Ridership is sure to be extremely low and what ridership there is can continue to be served by the bus service that remains on Leslie St.

Someday the rail-line that crosses Eglinton at Leslie will be the route of a midtown GO line that goes into north Pickering and a possible rail link to a future Pickering Airport. Perhaps if or when that day comes, you'd have a more sophisticated interchange built here.

The eastern end of the Danforth line is boxed in by the lake. It's the same reason why they didn't want to build a Queen line out to the east end.

Also please stop making the mistake of believing that a few small condo buildings at a station brings in anything more than a pittance of trips.

happy in mediocrity I see.
So what if the Eglinton Crosstown being 100% grade separated would get their extra ridership (50% more) from te Bloor Danforth line. The B-D line could be extended east to the Eglinto GO Station and regain most of the lost ridership while stop being overcrowded during rush hours.

You're applauding a decision to attract less riders to a line. That's your prerogative.

And please stop assuming that I was banking on a few new condos project to increase the B-D line. I was thinking about an extension to Eglinton GO

Questions I want to be answered at the open house, for me, are:

1. Is there to be a Black Creek stop?
2. Will the Weston station do without the crossover tracks and tail track that the EA showed? In other words, the Keele station will have crossover tracks and tail track, and not the Weston station, to serve as an emergency terminal?
3. The Jane stop (and not a station?) will have crossover tracks and a tail track to serve as the western terminal, until the extension to YYZ is built?
4. How will the Kodak facility connect to the mainline, as a level crossing or tunneled?

Presentation on the Weston Station/Carehouse meeting:

http://thecrosstown.ca/sites/default/files/MSF_Consultation_Presentation.pdf

Elevated to carhouse
Underground Weston station
Preservation of Kodak Building

It's good that they have moved the line underground. Mount Dennis was always a tight squeeze and the the old plan required expropriation to even work and didn't offer a quality transfer between GO and LRT. Also, it leaves open the possibility of a fully grade-separated line to the Mississauga Transitway and the airport.

I would like to read a better justification for the 15-bay bus terminal. Seems like overkill for a site where we should expect to see routes 32, 89, 71, 171, and perhaps an extended 168. 8 or 9 seems like a more appropriate number.

so are they still unsure whether or not it will run to Jane? they should keep it grade separated until then so there is easy access to the future Jane LRT.

I like the reroute.

Extends the right-of-way to Jane Street and preserves possible employment zones.

I wonder what buses will serve that 15-bay bus facility that is proposed and how much additional will the extra tunneling cost.

Eglinton Avenue West seems to take a small detour around the LRT portal to the east of Black Creek.

The reroute looks great! And from a purely geeky perspective, it's cool that the line will now have at-grade, underground, and elevated segments.

I would like to read a better justification for the 15-bay bus terminal. Seems like overkill for a site where we should expect to see routes 32, 89, 71, 171, and perhaps an extended 168. 8 or 9 seems like a more appropriate number.

I seem to recall hearing talk of using it as a GO bus terminal as well.

It's as though a giant wave of common sense blew into the planning of this line. The previous TTC design had so many problems and compromises. This plan is almost exactly what seemed like the best route 3 years ago to everyone but the staff actually designing the line.

Last edited:
+1

I just returned from Info session.
I asked one of the Metrolinx guys about the EA for Weston to Jane st. and was told it should be completed by end of this year..................and when i asked as to the western alignment to airport, they seem to have gotten past dismissing the use of the Richview corridor like they had in previous metings...........fingers crossed to common sense planning.

overall, I'm not unimpressed with the latest reroute.

+1

I just returned from Info session.
I asked one of the Metrolinx guys about the EA for Weston to Jane st. and was told it should be completed by end of this year..................and when i asked as to the western alignment to airport, they seem to have gotten past dismissing the use of the Richview corridor like they had in previous metings...........fingers crossed to common sense planning.

overall, I'm not unimpressed with the latest reroute.

That Richview statement is definitely good news! Overall, this has been a pretty good day for Transit Planning in Toronto, haha.

Common sense prevails!

Back