News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.2K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.6K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 632     0 

Toronto Council Races - 2010

Adam's done a ton of great things both for his ward and the city. Dufferin St Jog, Railpath, Landsdowne improvements, and look at the numerous neighbourhoods in his ward that are flourishing. In terms of the TTC, transit city is underway (albeit threatened because of McGuinty), ridership #s are record breaking, new subway cars and streetcars are on the way, and customer service changes are underfoot. Sure the St. Clair streetcar went over budget, but we all know the lawsuit from local residents is a large cause of that.

My point is: those who knock Giambrone for his foibles might not even know who Robarts is other than that guy who the big fugly U of T library's named after. (Shallow historical knowledge, IOW.)

What on earth are you referring to? We talking about his political accomplishments here, not the failings in his personal life. If that's your standard, what do you say about Robarts?
Robarts?

Hardly anyone here was of voting age when John Robarts was in politics if they remember him at all, not to mention that media coverage and public relations (and most everything else) were far different back then.

(Robarts????????)

I'm shocked anyone would have the gall to be commenting on Ontario infrastructure and development, and yet profess to be so ignorant about it! A usual, I've overestimated Generation Whine.
No need to insult my name. And you seem to be shocked (shocked I say!) quite often on this forum. Learn to relax.
Are you dudes all like 100 years old.
At least one of us is. ;)

No need to insult my name.
I didn't intend to insult. I assumed you had chosen your name in full knowledge that it was an abbreviation for Generation Whine, and that you had meant it to be ironic. If you think it's an insult, I'm confused why you chose the name!

Learn to relax. At least one of us is.
Insulted but relaxed?

I didn't intend to insult. I assumed you had chosen your name in full knowledge that it was an abbreviation for Generation Whine, and that you had meant it to be ironic. If you think it's an insult, I'm confused why you chose the name!

What is Generation Whine, anyway? I can't imagine it actually refers to anything concrete.

What is Generation Whine, anyway? I can't imagine it actually refers to anything concrete.
It's a pun on "Generation Y", referring to the huge sense of entitlement seen in young people today. The pun has been floating around for a decade now ... I assumed everyone was familiar with it ... and I'd always assumed that was the source of GenerationW's moniker.

Urban Dictionary:

Generation Whine

Negative euphamism for the modern American youth that have (cir 2005) approached or reached "adulthood". Remarks on the tendency for members of this group to answer the slightest challenge or restriction imposed thereupon with belligerent griping and their general lack of appreciation for the unprecedented quality of life they enjoy.

I try not to fit this description, but unspoiling yourself is damn hard.
Old Man Vern: "Ha! If Generation Whine thinks these gas prices are bad, they should've been around during the oil embargo!

Gaffer Tom : "Serves those loafers right for getting SUV's! Hell, you think I -wanted- an Impala that did fifteen miles per gallon?!"
by Guilty Party May 22, 2005 share this

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Generation Whine

I can't believe anyone would call us 26-year-olds that. That is soooooo unfair and soooo mean. Do you know how hard we work? I have to get up at 8:30 a.m. and work until almost 3! If my parents didn't do my laundry I'd barely have time to see my psychiatrist and keep my Facebook profile up-to-date.

No disrespect to the older generation and Jason Robards or whoever that guy is but honestly I don't think past generations understand the kind of stresses we have to deal with.

Back