News   Jun 27, 2024
 386     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 436     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 449     0 

Toronto Council Races - 2010

I've been trying to find any information on Samuel Getachew, he's running for council in my ward (43) and I'm happy to see someone other than Ainslie in the running.

It's a real shame that what shouldn't have been an issue at all forced such a good candidate out of running. If this is the new political game, where any personal indescretions are subject to public scrutiny, then we won't be seeing many rushing to run.

So, some good did come of the Toronto election already. He can now put his degree to good use, searching for the remnants of his career.

I hope Adam doesn't follow through on his threat to return on a provincial or national level. Ontario and Canada deserves better.
Other than the obsession by a few peverts about his sex life, what is wrong with Giambrone? Would you prefer that Ford was your councillor? He seems to have done more than your average councillor in a relatively short amount of time.

And honestly--a momentary break from council and elected politics is one thing, but outright banishment?!? I mean, this is Adam Giambrone we're talking about, not Colin Thatcher. (Or for that matter, some of those convicted corrupt felons who've attempted to weasel back onto council, such as Mario Gentile.)

What do you mean? Giambrone seems to have accomplished a lot more in a lot shorter time than many councillors ever have.
Absolutely! Running away with his tail between his legs, using people flippantly, and evading pretty much all responsibility for his actions are superb accomplishments.

Other than the obsession by a few peverts about his sex life, what is wrong with Giambrone? Would you prefer that Ford was your councillor? He seems to have done more than your average councillor in a relatively short amount of time.

Now that's pretty humorous, quite comical indeed. Could you name ONE thing he's done for the good of Toronto? Name one please....I'll WON'T hold my breath and wait for your response as I certainly can't find even one. He certainly didn't do anything to improve the TTC. He did squander $100 million on St. Clair streetcar route. City's response: “so what, we make mistakes.”

Seeing as I live in Ward 18, I think that I might have a little more first-hand experience with Gianbrone's "governing" to know well enough that he's ineffectual. Worse he failed miserably at consulting constituents before imposing things that wound up being to the detriment of local area businesses. Wise move on his part to bow out, as a tidal wave of "Anybody But Giambrone" was gaining momentum in Davenport.

And honestly--a momentary break from council and elected politics is one thing, but outright banishment?!? I mean, this is Adam Giambrone we're talking about, not Colin Thatcher. (Or for that matter, some of those convicted corrupt felons who've attempted to weasel back onto council, such as Mario Gentile.)

He'll return, and no doubt the voting public will re-elect him. The average electorate’s too apathetic to take note of his record.

Now that's pretty humorous, quite comical indeed. Could you name ONE thing he's done for the good of Toronto? Name one please....I'll WON'T hold my breath and wait for your response as I certainly can't find even one.

So you think the Dufferin Street jog removal is not a good thing?

Absolutely! Running away with his tail between his legs, using people flippantly, and evading pretty much all responsibility for his actions are superb accomplishments.
What on earth are you referring to? We talking about his political accomplishments here, not the failings in his personal life. If that's your standard, what do you say about Robarts?

What on earth are you referring to? We talking about his political accomplishments here, not the failings in his personal life. If that's your standard, what do you say about Robarts?

Who's Robarts?

(nb: I'm making a point there, whatever it is)

Who's Robarts?
You know ... John Robarts, the Ontario premier who was very successful in so many way, but had such failures on personal levels.

Would you dismiss his legacy simply because of his drinking, cheating, self-destruction, and suicide?

Back