Toronto Corus Quay | ?m | 8s | Waterfront Toronto | Diamond Schmitt

Yet who can resist such an enticing proposal? Shocker, how often does he break out the whole team?

im_diamonddancers_580x370.jpg

Diamond's very much in demand by the rest of the world for what he does.

I didn't imply he wasn't. What I was addressing is your black-and-white either-or view of things.

It doesn't have to be either Diamond or a starchitect copying what they've done somewhere else.

Well, Torontovibe, Diamond already has headed south on several occasions - his wonderful Sidney Harman Hall in Washington being his latest successful export of our local style.

You're misrepresenting mine by presenting a false dichotomy between "either Diamond or copying what the rest of the world does" when, in fact, the rest of the world is clearly delighted to have Diamond-designed buildings too.

One look at Diamond's website reveals that much of his work outside Toronto is far superior to anything he's done here. Wonder why that is. Budgets? Better clients? Attitude? All three?

Likely, I guess, but a few of his overseas projects do seem quite stunning in a way that none of his Toronto are...Yes, I acknowledge that I may be displaying a grass-is-greener attitude.

Grass greener? Maybe. The money certainly is.
I agree, Diamond is more than welcome to depart from the city for good and his grumbling demeanor would not at all be missed, if anything his absence might even be enjoyed by an architect or 20!

Given that this argument has broken down into tit-for-tat verbal match about Diamond or bust and Urban Shocker's continued persistence to prove he/she is nothing but right, all the time, I would just like to say 'let the fahrt fizzle' already. I have made my arguments in this discussion for colour, or at least more colour in this building and was told it is gaudy, catchy, wing-ding wowza bullshit - so the argument continues, only now it has taken on different dimension and one Urban Shocker is determined on making his/her argument final -you'll see.

p-fahrt!

I have made my arguments in this discussion for colour, or at least more colour in this building and was told it is gaudy, catchy, wing-ding wowza bullshit - so the argument continues, only now it has taken on different dimension and one Urban Shocker is determined on making his/her argument final -you'll see.

I might not be popular or part of the clique, but I agree with you.

Back