Toronto Clear Spirit | 131.36m | 40s | Cityscape | a—A

Wow this one is rising fast. While I'm not thrilled with it's proximity to the old distillery buildings, it should make for a more interesting vista down the esplanade.

I look forward to seeing Pure Spirit's 5-floor pointed prow rise at Parliament. The wedge should make for some interesting views and will no doubt end up being a highly photographed building, and some real drama for the western entrance to the area.

From near Sherbourne and Carlton, looking south, visible behind the Moss Park Buildings.

pure_spirit.jpg

Now, *there's* a complex which looks far worse in pictures. Makes me want to call the controlled demolition experts so we can keep up with sophisticated metropoli like Baltimore and Newark. Then we can put up nice purty townhomes in their place

Nice vantage point there for....

...a few gun mounts/tanks/anti-slab guns! Imagine a battle between the trendoids in the distrillery district vs the plebes in Moss Park.

I do wonder what the appeal is in living in a high rise with such a dreary view. That's why the d district shoulda been lowrise/midrise: better views of nothing and the area would become denser/filled out more quickly (lowrise buildings are generally bigger footprint.)

Though I reemphasize that Moss Park does look worse in pictures, i.e. in real life, it doesn't look anything near as penitential as that--maybe not as good as Dickinson's Regent Park slabs, but certainly nowhere near as hostile as Chicago's Robert Taylor homes...

Though I reemphasize that Moss Park does look worse in pictures, i.e. in real life, it doesn't look anything near as penitential as that--maybe not as good as Dickinson's Regent Park slabs, but certainly nowhere near as hostile as Chicago's Robert Taylor homes...

These slabs are here to stay.Chicago's Robert Taylor homes have gotten the wrecking ball.

I do wonder what the appeal is in living in a high rise with such a dreary view. That's why the d district shoulda been lowrise/midrise: better views of nothing and the area would become denser/filled out more quickly (lowrise buildings are generally bigger footprint.)

Views from the 'd district' will be great: the CBD to the west, the lake to the south, redeveloping Donlands to the east. And a few Moss Park slabs will be quickly forgotten amongst the forest of buildings (and trees) to the north.

Nice picture, I'm hoping that the finishes will look good on this, especially where the parking section is, right now I'm a little concerned.

Back