Toronto Cinema Tower | 142.64m | 43s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

Agreed. It seems to me a different story on Yonge, since these garage-podiums don't really blend in with street-level retail well. But I think most podiums are like that, even if they have retail. They can have an effect of making the street feel unwelcoming and dwarfed.

Many large American and Australian cities seem to have no problem and live with it....
I dont know, its more of a Toronto thing ('Different strokes for different folks')

26 Feb 2012

102gy.jpg

Doesn't look very good right now, but that appearance is only temporary during construction.
Anyone know exactly how many floors of parking(under and above ground) there will be in this building?

Last edited:
I guess throughout the next couple years in this area, we are going to see buildings going up, being toped off, excavations, and construction equipment and cranes everywhere.....development here is is going to make CityPlace look like it was small potatoes.

I guess throughout the next couple years in this area, we are going to see buildings going up, being toped off, excavations, and construction equipment and cranes everywhere.....development here is is going to make CityPlace look like it was small potatoes.

Really? I didn't realize there was going to be that much going on in the future. What else is going up in the area that hasn't already started?

Back